Semi-Noob needs help with EDACS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr4000

Hey all, I am trying to program an EDACS system into my 396t.

I'll click to program a "New System"....select "EDCS" and that's where I get lost.

There are 3 choices of Wide/Narrow/Scat

Then after selecting one of the above, it asks for "Input Freq."...I enter the 1st Freq. of the system and then it asks for the "LCN"....this is where I stop and get comletely lost. :(

Any help and or insight on how to program the system will be greatly appreciated

The system I am trying to program is below...

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=728

Thanks in advance!!

seamusg

gsxr4000 said:

I'll click to program a "New System"....select "EDCS" and that's where I get lost.

Then after selecting one of the above, it asks for "Input Freq."...I enter the 1st Freq. of the system and then it asks for the "LCN"....this is where I stop and get comletely lost. :(

Any help and or insight on how to program the system will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!!
In Uniden terms Standard = Wide

gsxr4000

Ok.....then what do I "input" when it asks for the "LCN"?? Is it the small kind-of "hazy" number beside is freqs.??

Last edited:

tyytor

needs help with EDACS System

i would say that it is a wide EDACS system as far as lcn they have it for you with the small numbers in the site info,so you would put in
866.1875 then lcn 01 ect.... and in the bank of the scanner channel 1 of the bank you are putting it in to,LOL

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
gsxr4000 said:

Thanks in advance!!
As seamusg & tyytor noted, use "Wide". "Scat" is used only in specific areas, close to international borders.

The "LCN" is the very small number in light gray, next to the frequencies. EDACS systems must be entered under the correct LCN numbers or else the system will not track correctly.

Are you trying to enter the system by hand, through the keypad? This is much easier to do, and understand, using software. Uniden's software is a free download.

gsxr4000

Yea, I am entering it by hand now, then will do an "ID Search" if it works on this type of system like it does on a MOT System. If it doesn't, I have the software from Uniden that I can input all the talkgroups into then upload it to the scanner.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It will do "ID Search" or "Scan" on Moto, EDACS, or LTR systems. It's just quicker to program, especially the text tags if you know which talkgroups you want, with the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.