Sending BCD996T in for repair question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd0ega

Premium Subscriber
I am getting ready to send my BCD996T in for a head phone jack replacement and firmware upgrade...is there anything I should know or be made aware of as far as sending my scanner in to Uniden ...I am aware of the procedures as posted on their website as far as a note of what is wrong and credit card information being attached to the scanner for payment, return address etc, etc.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It would be wise to read and save all of the systems you have stored on the scanner, just in case the memory is erased as part of the process.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
And I'll reiterate and re-emphasize: Write up what is wrong with it. Then, let someone else read it and make sure they understand the issue you are having. Then, after editing if necessary, send it in with the note. A significant number of "returned no problem found" is due to incomplete or incomprehensible problem descriptions.

Kind of like tossing your car to the auto mechanic and saying "Here are the keys, fix it."

kd0ega

Premium Subscriber
GOT IT...Thanks UPMan...I will do a write up and let my wife read it......if she can understand and figure it out then I am good as she does not know a thing about the function of scanners.

ofd8001...I did a complete reset back to factory settings,.... with Shawnee Co. switching over to P-25 recently, there was nothing programed that I would need or wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.