sending my trx 2 back

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou9155

hi all so ive owned my trx2 for about a week. im very disapointed with it..side by side with my pro 652 with same freq programmed in a scan list it missed maybe half of what the pro652 hit on. and if you own a pro652 you know the quick keys..search favorites pause lock out tune ...i use them all .the trx2 function knob and menu is SOOO clunky to navigate plus the trx2 screen has no info on the screen as it scans...what are your thoughts on the trx/ws style scanner

DJ11DLN

I have a WS-1098 sitting next to my Pro-197. I like them both. Both will occasionally miss a call that the other catches, but they are usually in synch on objects common to both. The 197 audio and decode (P1) are better, but not hugely so. Defaults work pretty well for my statewide TSYS and the other stuff I have programmed.

I also recently got a BCD436hp and I am not really all that happy with it, just for reference...I am sure that someone will tell me that I'm wrong and it's better. One thing about scanners is, YMMV. What one likes another won't, it comes down to personal preference. Sorry to hear your TRX isn't working out for you.

marksmith

All of the top of the line (or close) scanners are relatively similar with regard to the general specs.

Some sound better to the ear, or sync better with your local systems, or have features you have become used to, or software you are most familiar with, etc.

Pretty personally decision which one is "better" really. Depends on individual definition of what "better" is.

I own a lot of them, and while I have my preferences, that just makes them "better" to me, which, of course, is mainly what counts.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

krokus

Premium Subscriber
hi all so ive owned my trx2 for about a week. im very disapointed with it..side by side with my pro 652 with same freq programmed in a scan list it missed maybe half of what the pro652 hit on. and if you own a pro652 you know the quick keys..search favorites pause lock out tune ...i use them all .the trx2 function knob and menu is SOOO clunky to navigate plus the trx2 screen has no info on the screen as it scans...what are your thoughts on the trx/ws style scanner

You control what displays on the screen.

Have you updated the firmware?

Sent via Tapatalk

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Love my TRX-2, for DIGITAL, DMR, NXDN but it is no match for my old analog scanner when it comes to analog reception.

majoco

Stirrer
Comparing two receivers is not a trivial task that can be done without some critical testing equipment. The Mark 1 ear just won't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.