SENDING OK to server - but still offline...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

I'm having a difficult time getting my feed up and running. I'm using the K1PVG Scannercast software, and under the tab marked 'Status' it says "SENDING OK to server", but it shows as offline. What am I doing wrong?

wbswetnam

Everything appears correct from my end. The computer is receiving audio signal at a proper level, the software says "running", etc. but when I try to monitor the feed from my telephone app, all it says is "currently offline". I have been trying everything I can think of to ensure that everything is configured correctly, yet Broadcastify still doesn't seem to receive the signal. I am about to give up.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Everything appears correct from my end. The computer is receiving audio signal at a proper level, the software says "running", etc. but when I try to monitor the feed from my telephone app, all it says is "currently offline". I have been trying everything I can think of to ensure that everything is configured correctly, yet Broadcastify still doesn't seem to receive the signal. I am about to give up.
You have a link to the feed?

wbswetnam

I gave up completely on Scannercast. I have installed the ProScan version, hopefully that will work. Fingers are crossed....

mule1075

Feed Provider
I gave up completely on Scannercast. I have installed the ProScan version, hopefully that will work. Fingers are crossed....
It will show the tags on the 125at also just select 325p2 in the drop down box under the Metadata tab. That is what I am using for my feed.

wbswetnam

Yep, it's working! I switched out scanners, though. I replaced the BC125AT with an old Uniden 860XLT.

What connection is necessary for the BC125AT to communicate with the computer / software? A USB cable? That will also pass the audio?

mule1075

Feed Provider
Yep, it's working! I switched out scanners, though. I replaced the BC125AT with an old Uniden 860XLT.

What connection is necessary for the BC125AT to communicate with the computer / software? A USB cable? That will also pass the audio?
You need the USB cable for the tags. And the existing audio cable you use now.

wbswetnam

The feed keeps disconnecting from the Broadcastify server. At this point I give up, it's too much of a headache. I requested to Broadcastify that they terminate my feed.

wbswetnam

I tried again this morning, with a different laptop, scanner, and using the Radiofeed software. It seems to be working... for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.