Seneca County going DMR or NXDN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlasFBG2

Looks like Seneca Co Sheriff, Tiffin PD and FD have added dmr and nxdn emissions to their license recently.

Anyone know which one they plan on switching to yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Looks like Seneca Co Sheriff, Tiffin PD and FD have added dmr and nxdn emissions to their license recently.

Anyone know which one they plan on switching to yet?

Who knows, maybe none. Could be they've added emissions so they can add tac repeaters or whatever. However, Fostoria PD and FD are already DMR, so if Seneca County and Tiffin switched to anything I'd guess DMR so they can maintain interoperability.

Just wait and see.

AtlasFBG2

A couple friends have said Tiffin has changed over to digital over the weekend. All they get is static noise on their scanners now.

Anyone have dmr to figure out what color and slot they are using? I can't pick them up from house in Fremont

AtlasFBG2

I ran my 436hp in discovery mode today. Useing the handheld antenna in my car at work in Fostoria. Not the best reception. I got 460.625 Ran 30

Need to listen more to confirm before submitting it.

AtlasFBG2

I was able to verify traffic on 460.225 RAN 29 is the Tiffin Pd and 460.625 RAN 30 is Tiffin Fire. Submitted those to the database.

Will check the Seneca Sheriff and Tiffin public works frequency tomorrow to see if they switched also.

AtlasFBG2

where can you find the NXDN talkgroup numbers for the Tiffin Police and Fire
You could try dsd plus to see if there is a talk group number. I think only the trunked systems will have talk groups.
I don't have a laptop currently to check and since it is only 30 watts I had to drive to tiffin to pick it up on my 436hp.

tugboat129

You could try dsd plus to see if there is a talk group number. I think only the trunked systems will have talk groups.
I don't have a laptop currently to check and since it is only 30 watts I had to drive to tiffin to pick it up on my 436hp.

I contacted a radio technician friend of mine and he advised the the only thing needed for the Tiffin NXDN system is the freqs and the RAN numbers (Tiffin Police 29 / Tiffin Fire 30). I got them in and system is working fine on my BCD996P2.

Reactions: wdz

jgarber311

W8CEN
This is a fine example of "we need to go to digital because it's cool and interoperable", yet one department is NXDN, one is DMR, one is analog. Makes sense.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
This is a fine example of "we need to go to digital because it's cool and interoperable", yet one department is NXDN, one is DMR, one is analog. Makes sense.

Of the three, the one using analog is the only one that's truly interoperable.

Status
Not open for further replies.