• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

SENHAIX GT-12

rescuecomm

Anybody know about this analog dual band handheld? Seems to be new from the manufacturer, but at less than $200.00, it might be interesting if the weather proofing is any good. The antenna is mil-type but surely could be replaced with a conventional one. A high end CCR maybe?

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
They have some awfully nice looking radios but I've never been able to find any seller, no less one in the U.S.

rescuecomm

On the FB site, a guy had one with the menus only in Chinese. The Senhaix rep said to exchange it when the multilingual ones became available. Didn't say when.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
A Senhaix HT is sold by Radiodity as the GS-5B. Nice radio. Contrary to some it is not a re-branded Baofeng. Have checked out Senhaix web site. They make some interesting radios like mobile that operates on 5G networks. I don't think they are exported. GS-5B is programmable via Bluetooth with iPhone or Android apps. Proprietary programming software not CHIRP for PC programming.

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
A Senhaix HT is sold by Radiodity as the GS-5B. Nice radio. Contrary to some it is not a re-branded Baofeng. Have checked out Senhaix web site. They make some interesting radios like mobile that operates on 5G networks. I don't think they are exported. GS-5B is programmable via Bluetooth with iPhone or Android apps. Proprietary programming software not CHIRP for PC programming.
I have one and I don't use it. Reason? The horrible long squelch tail.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I have the 8800 dual band radio. It is better than other brands of CCRs and has a couple of unique features. Programming is by an Android app using Bluetooth, the case is not thin plastic, charging is through a micro USB port on the back of the battery, bottom of the radio is the flashlight lens, and it has a rather small but readable color display. The ten watt rating of the GT-12 is probably deceptive advertising.

Last edited:

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
On the FB site, a guy had one with the menus only in Chinese. The Senhaix rep said to exchange it when the multilingual ones became available. Didn't say when.
The English version of the GT-12 is available now, I just purchased one online. Hopefully it won't take a month to get it. Does anyone know where to get the iPhone or Android app for it?

Last edited:

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
The English version of the GT-12 is available now, I just purchased one online. Hopefully it won't take a month to get it. Does anyone know where to get the iPhone or Android app for it?
I was able to get the iPhone app from the Apple Store, name SHX8800. Once open choose the GT-12. This only works on the iPhone or iPod touch, you can't download it on a MacBook. We'll see how everything works as soon as the radio arrives.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
I was able to get the iPhone app from the Apple Store, name SHX8800. Once open choose the GT-12. This only works on the iPhone or iPod touch, you can't download it on a MacBook. We'll see how everything works as soon as the radio arrives.
There is an Android app named shxe_v1_2_3.apk for anyone that is searching.

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
Where did you buy the GT-12 from? RadioOddity or Alafone? Never heard of Alafone, is Alafone creditable to order from? Pricing looks good and I assume unlocked. Thanks

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Alafone, Dmrfone, same site. From what I could ascertain they are credible. I already received an order number and tracking from them, although China Post hasn't received it yet. I payed through PayPal Goods and Services so worst case I am protected. I messaged them though WhatsApp and they pointed me to the name of the iPhone and Android app. We'll see what happens.

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
Yea PayPal is the way to go. Did you find the English version of the user manual? Also, I could not find info on the GT-12 on the Senhaixun website.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
I have looked everywhere online and cannot find a user manual. I have watched multiple YouTube videos on it, I don't think I will have any trouble, this is the English version of the firmware they advertised. The menus seem pretty straight forward. Yeah SeHnaix doesn't advertise it on the main website, but if you go to the GT-12 FB page, there is a guy there who is a SenHaix rep.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Quanzhou Fengze District Alafone Trading Firm, it looks like they are partners with Alibaba.com.

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
What type of PC programming cable is required for the GT-12? No reference on company web site. I think a you tube referenced Type C cable.
Nothing on alafone site.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
There is no programming cable. It's done via Bluetooth through an iPhone or Android app. See my above post.