sensitivity of BCT15 vs 996

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellykeeton

I have a 996, 15 and 246 the same antenna's on the 15 and 996 and stock on the 246.

monitoring the 15x.xxx I get totally wacky results.

Sometimes the 246 will pick up a channel other times only the 996 will, but it seems that the 15 is behind them all.

Anyone have any idea. I ask because I also do a lot of 2m work and wonder if I could have hurt the 15 at all. However the 15 seems to have no issues with any other band that I can tell. but the 996 just pulls it out of the dirt better. Is this others experience?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Right from the manuals.....

The sensitivity specs are exactly the same on both radios. I own them both. No issue with sensitivity on either.

Manny

kellykeeton

you got anything in 150's that you monitor? I am for sure having different results on the units, anyone notice that using 2m burns out the pre's on the unidens?

Astro25

I haven't noticed the difference side-by-side and on the same frequency. You'd think the RF design on them would be the same considering the only major difference is P25.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
you got anything in 150's that you monitor? I am for sure having different results on the units, anyone notice that using 2m burns out the pre's on the unidens?

Plenty in that range. In fact there is a lot in the 150 range using the 6.25 khz step that other radios round off to. Not a single difference between them. I cant relate to your problem. I dont notice a difference in ANY of the bands actualy.

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.