Sentiel for home patrol - problem with lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dromanchyk

Just got my home patrol 2 yesterday. So far I love it. I used the sentinel program to make a custom list however. It has two county systems on it. However, when I load it up, only 1 county seems to be working. I've appended both county systems info the same way.... any suggestions ? Thanks Dan- KB2DR

rwier

Just got my home patrol 2 yesterday. So far I love it. I used the sentinel program to make a custom list however. It has two county systems on it. However, when I load it up, only 1 county seems to be working. I've appended both county systems info the same way.... any suggestions ? Thanks Dan- KB2DR

ID those two county systems.

Dromanchyk

ID ? I thought that by appending them to my list was enough. They both are listed when I select "edit list", but dont seem to scan. What does "ID" the two county systems mean ? Thanks

rwier

Attachments

• rrhelp.JPG
    rrhelp.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 170

rwier

I am preparing a .hpe file to attach to a post. You may be able to import it into your Sentinel for comparisons. I think (???) I am halfway there with the Loudoun County P-25 Phase 2 System (Fire, Leesburg, Sheriff, Simulcast). Specifically identify both systems!

rwier

Attachments

• rrhelp2.JPG
    rrhelp2.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 143

Dromanchyk

I've attached a screen shot of the two systems...... Loudoun county (mainly police and fire) and fairfax county (for police). I've changed the ID scan to "on", but havent programmed it yet to see if that will work.

so do you think the ID scan is the problem ?

By the way, if I start from scratch on the unit itself, program everything for my 20165 zip code and then delete everything except loudoun county sheriff and fire, and fairfax county project 25..... it works fine.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 88
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 85

rwier

Ah, Fairfax County! No way anyone would have guessed that, lol. I will prepare a FL containing Loudoun County (police and fire) and Fairfax County Project 25 (all). Then the FL will be saved as a .hpe zipped folder and attached. Get it into your computer "unzipped". In Sentinel>File>Import from hpe file>select the unzipped hpe file. Compare FL to your FLs.

https://forums.radioreference.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60660&stc=1&d=1503265557

At my age and condition (lol) there are multiple opportunities for me to screw this up. If you have problems getting this test FL into your scanner, post the problems (be very specific, like "what step goes wrong").

ps: I always scan by ID Scan and not ID Search (if that answers one of your questions).

Attachments

• RR Test FL Loudoun Co VA.zip
    4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Dromanchyk

Hi... It looks like you have been spending some time on this for me, and I appreciate it. I have a question though.... what files do you have that I dont have as part of my sentinel program ? Shouldnt they be the same ?

By the way, I tried switching the ID search on "on", and it had no effect. When I uploaded my home file (screen shots attached), once again.... all it did was stick on Fairfax county. In fact, it didnt seem to be scanning.

If you have a file source different than I have, I'll give it a shot and try to reprprogram it again. Rich now, I'll wipe it and again load up everything for this zip and delete everything except loudoun and fairfax.... (I wish I could get the reails I specified in my home file).

Any other suggestions ? Thanks again

Dan - KB2DR

Attachments

• Capture7JPG.jpg
    Capture7JPG.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 113
  • Capture6JPG.jpg
    Capture6JPG.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Capture5JPG.JPG
    Capture5JPG.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Capture4JPG.jpg
    Capture4JPG.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 78

rwier

I simply Appended in Sentinel. I don't have an HP-2, so there may be some differences I'm not aware of. Get the "test" FL into your scanner and see if you get any differences in the listening success. Report any problems getting the "test" FL into your scanner. Try it first without editing the test FL.

rwier

Four steps:
1) download the previously attached zipped .hpe file to your desktop
2) unzip the zipped .hpe file (on your desktop) to your desktop
3 import the unzipped .hpe file (on your desktop) into your Sentinel
4) send the NEW FL to your scanner.

Scan and compare/report!

Dromanchyk

Sounds good... I think I will try it. I have your file sitting on my desktop. Although if you simply appended the list, thats what I did as well..... so what will be the difference ? But I will give it a try.

What I might do first is make two lists... one with Loudoun and one with Fairfax. I have it set up that way on my Grecom 800, and it works out since I dont want to listen to one when I am traveling in the other area.

Thanks for all your help... I will keep you advised.

rwier

Sounds good... I think I will try it. I have your file sitting on my desktop. Although if you simply appended the list, thats what I did as well..... so what will be the difference ? But I will give it a try.

What I might do first is make two lists... one with Loudoun and one with Fairfax. I have it set up that way on my Grecom 800, and it works out since I dont want to listen to one when I am traveling in the other area.

Thanks for all your help... I will keep you advised.

Why not just follow the simple steps. If you don't like the result just delete the FL. Any processing you do to the test FL introduces opportunities to make settings that can change the results. If the test FL gives you more of the desired coverage (listening success) than the FLs you created, then look for the differences. If you get the same (or worse) coverage, just delete my attempts and try your questions in the Virginia State Forum. Probably some good experts there!

rwier

Just as a test, I created a new FL, imported the .hpe file from my desktop, sent it to my HP-1 and begin scanning the new FL in a total of about 90 seconds. Of course I won't hear anything and anyway, the HP-1 doesn't do P-25 phase 2 (I don't think, lol).

rwier

" ... I dont want to listen to one when I am traveling in the other area ... "

This could easily be part of your problem. P-25 Systems (or sub-portions thereof) that are centered 20-30 miles from my home base are generally not scannable here at home, and I am using an antenna mounted at the highest point on the roof of my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.