Sentinal and Homepatrol radio programming for Ohio marcs ip ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptownguy

You can use the radio itself to program. Ohio/scioto/marcs ip/ osp district 9/ all the different posts. All done. it works.
Or you can use the Sentinal software. In this you ALSO get a list of all the marcs towers.
I picked 6 towers near me, It works.
Why does the radio based programming not ask for towers ?
How many towers do i need? the closest ONE to me, or all of them?
Thanks

Nasby

You can use the radio itself to program. Ohio/scioto/marcs ip/ osp district 9/ all the different posts. All done. it works.
Or you can use the Sentinal software. In this you ALSO get a list of all the marcs towers.
I picked 6 towers near me, It works.
Why does the radio based programming not ask for towers ?
How many towers do i need? the closest ONE to me, or all of them?
Thanks

You only want the closest towers to you. Probably only 3 or 4 at most.

ptownguy

Ok. Thanks. Can you explain why you dont add in the towers when programming on the radio itself ?

Nasby

Ok. Thanks. Can you explain why you dont add in the towers when programming on the radio itself ?

Unless you plan on using the scanner in a vehicle, there's no reason to put in all of the tower sites.

So for example, if you live in Mansfield, you would not want to enter towers in Hamilton County because you are to far away to hear them.

Usually, you will only be able to reliably receive 2-3 nearby sites. Adding every site in the state will slow down the scan speed (even though the scanner skips over the dead sites).

ptownguy

I'm trying to understand the programming.
When done directly on the radio there is no tower picking for marc's ip.

Status
Not open for further replies.