sentinal software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmchalmers

can someonr direct me to a place that has a laymans instruction on how to use sentinel i'm afraid to even try an update none the less try an fav list last time did update lost all sd card error had to return under warrenty thank god still took 2 months thank god it uses zip code but sentinel has a lot of errors for northern Michigan no matter what range you use. road comms come up marine one county north comes up 3 counties south that never used the freq ever ? have been a uniden user for yrs since original bc350 that got cellular this is very confusing sentinel is not a lot of good if your not computer savy

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
As suggested, read the manuals and experiment. Trying different approaches won’t hurt the scanner and as long as you have your program saved within sentinel you can always get back to where you were. And there’s always this group to reach out to with questions. The only other thing I can think of is to specify exactly what it is you want to listen to and either pay for it to be done or have someone willing to do it for free send you the programming. If you can’t do file transfers over the internet, buy an SD card and have it programmed, then mailed to you.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
"lost all sd card error had to return under warranty "??????????
Unless it was a botched firmware upgrade, I don't see how you could have screwed up your radio with Sentinel. I suppose you could mudge up an SD card with it, but those are easily replaced.

The only way you really can learn is by doing things and trying things......

Also, if RR database is wrong, help correct it with updated info. RR's info is only as good as the info people submit

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
New scanners are indeed very challenging to program. Complex radio systems and us scanner users suggesting/requesting/demanding more and more features is the reason.

You might check You Tube for videos that you might find very helpful.

Unfortunately this suggestion probably takes a degree of computer savvy. That said, I'd suggest getting a second SD card and duplicating known/good programming on it. That way you can have one card for experimenting and still have one good one you can use for scanning if experimenting goes real bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.