Sentinel Add P25 Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRO2006

P25 System- FL created from database with desired systems departments and sites (towers). Discovered that I need to add another site to the FL.

How can I add another site from the database to the favorite list (without deleting the FL and starting over picking all the correct sites).

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
There may be easier ways but here is one I have used before. I just created another favorites list and copied the site information from the specific site, then got out of the editing portion, opened up the favorites list I wanted to edit, and then pasted it in to the correct location I wanted to put it.

I've also just manually went into the menu on the radio and added a new site and then sucked it down from the radio to the software programming next time I had the scanner hooked up to the computer.

I'm sure there are a number of ways to do it but these two of done before.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

PRO2006

How do I "just add it to FL from dB" ? When I click on a DB site there are no options to append it to an FL, or copy it from the DB.

Thanks

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
How do I "just add it to FL from dB" ? When I click on a DB site there are no options to append it to an FL, or copy it from the DB.

Thanks
I've always just right clicked with my mouse on what I wanted to append and then added it that way. I haven't used the software a lot except for when doing programming for big trips where it will take awhile. Most of what I have done has been by hand so that I know how to use the radio whenever I'm not near a computer. But I've always looked up under the USA portion of the database when using Sentinel and scrolled down to where the data I was interested was and then I just right click and chose to upend.

Maybe somebody else who uses the software a lot more can add some additional detail?

Brian (COMMSCAN)

PRO2006

Thanks Brian. You are correct that you can right click and append systems, departments, and individual channels. On a trunked system the DB also shows all the towers (sites) for the trunked system. I am trying to append a tower from the DB to the FL (after the FL had already been created).

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Brian. You are correct that you can right click and append systems, departments, and individual channels. On a trunked system the DB also shows all the towers (sites) for the trunked system. I am trying to append a tower from the DB to the FL (after the FL had already been created).
That's what I'm talking about. If you just a append that whole system / sites to a new favorites list, you can copy the site you want from that new favorites list and then go into the edit mode on the favorites list sites you're interested in adding the data to, and then you can taste it there. Or you can just manually get the information off of radio reference and add it as a new site in the software also.

I know it's a pain in the butt to have to copy something, closeout editing that favorites list, open the new favorites list to edit, and do all of those extra steps involved to accomplish something that should be a lot easier. I really wish that Uniden would update the software and make it easy to just copy or drag and drop data. But since you can't have two favorites lists opened at the same time while you're editing them, there's just no way to do it other than the longer drawn-out way :)

There should be a plus button or something like that when you're looking at the sites inside of Sentinel. And I don't know if you can copy anything off of the National Database and paste it but that would be worth at also. If it's just one site you're trying to add, that data they should be on the radio reference website where you can easily add it in manually rather than trying to drag it over buy appending it having to create a new favorites list to copy from. And there may be some other way that I haven't come across just yet?

I had to add a new site a few months back and I did it the way that I'm talkin about. And then I copied all of the sites I had correctly entered and went through and manually pasted the data into other favorites lists and systems using the same correct sites information. It was more work than it should have been but it did work :)

I guess an easier way of saying what I'm trying to say is that if you create a new favorites list that has all of the sites you need, you can just copy and paste from it and then delete that favorites list. Just make sure that all the sites are there in the ones you want to lock out or do anything extra with are set up the way you want them.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

teknishun

P25 System- FL created from database with desired systems departments and sites (towers). Discovered that I need to add another site to the FL.

How can I add another site from the database to the favorite list (without deleting the FL and starting over picking all the correct sites).

You do not need to go back to the database just to add a site or sites.
Easiest way is to just EDIT the existing favorite list using Sentinel. (Gold star with the pencil on it).

Once you have chosen the FL to edit then click on the system name.
Hit the Sites tab. Use the green plus sign to add the name of the new site.
On the far left side of the screen click on that new site name you just created.
Click the green plus sign again to add the frequencies.
Be sure to SAVE the favorites list before exiting Sentinel.

You do NOT have to program every frequency from RR for a given site.
You only need the control channels that are listed in red.
The control channel will tell the scanner what freq to tune to automatically.
Some folks like to add the alternate control channels as well.
You can ignore the ones in black text.

Status
Not open for further replies.