Sentinel - Adding to Favorites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardnNC

Premium Subscriber
When I add one talk group to my favorites list (NC viper group for my county), all of the sites populate as well. Is this correct?? Or should I add sites first?? I am curious if I am doing it wrong.

spooney

When I add one talk group to my favorites list (NC viper group for my county), all of the sites populate as well. Is this correct?? Or should I add sites first?? I am curious if I am doing it wrong.

I have found it easier when you are adding a site or TG to go into "edit" favorite lists and select the system and find the sites tab or TG tab and add the new site and freq's or TG manually. You cannot just append a site or TG. The append feature will copy the whole system and add it as a new system to your favorites list.

Last edited:

EdwardnNC

Premium Subscriber
So it is normal for all of the sites to populate favorites?

I feel like it is, or I am missing something obvious.

ha!

EdwardnNC

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Spooney. I appreciate it! The nc viper list is looooooong. Tons of sites and groups. It is taking a while to edit it down. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting a lot of time.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Tapatalk 2

EdwardnNC

Premium Subscriber
I just finished up a couple of favorite lists.
They are scanning, but way too quickly compared to the closer sites I scan.
Does the location settings in the scanner have anything to do with the favorites list scanning speed?
Both of the new favorite lists have trunked sites and conventional freqs.

XTS3000

I just finished up a couple of favorite lists.
They are scanning, but way too quickly compared to the closer sites I scan.
Does the location settings in the scanner have anything to do with the favorites list scanning speed?
Both of the new favorite lists have trunked sites and conventional freqs.

Yes! Go to the favorite>department>options. There is an option for "Hold Time". Set the hold time for longer.

I usually hold on TRS systems for 2 seconds, and conventional systems for 3 seconds. This of course would be different for everyone due to personal preferences and systems scanned.

Kudos to Uniden for this Hold Time option and Anti PL/DPL option!!

Status
Not open for further replies.