Sentinel and Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobriff

I read a post by UPMan on the Uniden Site forum that all of the "Extreme" features are also programmable using Sentinel software.

I went ahead and purchased the Extreme update and activated it with my key.The new features are now available on the Home Patrol itself, but nothing has changed in Sentinel. I still cannot make changes to Talkgroup names, CTCSS codes, etc.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Bob

OCO

I read a post by UPMan on the Uniden Site forum that all of the "Extreme" features are also programmable using Sentinel software.

I went ahead and purchased the Extreme update and activated it with my key.The new features are now available on the Home Patrol itself, but nothing has changed in Sentinel. I still cannot make changes to Talkgroup names, CTCSS codes, etc.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Bob

1: Fire up Sentinel, check "Help-->About" It should show version 2.01 Rev 00

2: All of the editing features are editing Favorites, still done in the Favorites editor, not editing the main HP1 database..

bobriff

I am running Sentinel version 2.01 and I am trying to make changes to a system in my Favorites list, not in the main DB.

I can not highlight an individual field e.g. Channel Name or Delay. The entire line turns blue when I click on it. Also, there are no new options when I right click on the chose field. Not sure if there should be drop down windows or how it should look, but I definitely so not see any changes in Sentinel whatsoever.

OCO

I am running Sentinel version 2.01 and I am trying to make changes to a system in my Favorites list, not in the main DB.

I can not highlight an individual field e.g. Channel Name or Delay. The entire line turns blue when I click on it. Also, there are no new options when I right click on the chose field. Not sure if there should be drop down windows or how it should look, but I definitely so not see any changes in Sentinel whatsoever.

You should be able to move to an individual field that you want to change and either left click on it or double click on it and get either a drop down box or a new window opening up with choices in it. This of course is after opening the Favorite to be edited by selecting it and clicking on the "star with a pencil" to open up the editor...Maybe we need to page UPMan:wink:

bobriff

Looks like my 20/200 vision was the culprit.

Yes, I do have a:Star and Pencil Icon. I'd swear I looked across the tool bar before, but if it was there, apparently I missed it.

Should be good to go for now,

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.