Sentinel anything Newier??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodyobrien

************ Right now... Sentinel only have VERISON 1.07 (revision 05) *************

Is their going to be a new download for the new Sentinel that will do the NXDN 9600 and the 4800?
or will this "{ Green Shield } " VERISON 1.07 (revision 05) be auto updated ? (of course with the $60.00) added.

does anyone know of, or heard of this new VERISON ?.??.? (revision 0?) being in the works of up coming days/weeks/months?

or should I just spend the $50.00 (CAD) getting the software from *(ARC536Pro) that does the NXDN 9600 and the 4800...

I would love to wait for the new Sentinel to come out,
I did all the updates, NXDN, Pro-Voice, DMR, and last but not least, the new " Firmware Version 1.16.00

Voyager

Yes there will be a new Sentinel that will support NXDN.

Yes, it will be the "green shield" version because the HP-x (gold shield) has no need for NXDN support.

It won't be auto-updated. you will have to DL and install the new version just as wyou did with past versions.

Save UPMan, nobody knows when Uniden will release it. He may not even know yet.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
************ Right now... Sentinel only have VERISON 1.07 (revision 05) *************

Is their going to be a new download for the new Sentinel that will do the NXDN 9600 and the 4800?
or will this "{ Green Shield } " VERISON 1.07 (revision 05) be auto updated ? (of course with the $60.00) added.

does anyone know of, or heard of this new VERISON ?.??.? (revision 0?) being in the works of up coming days/weeks/months?

or should I just spend the $50.00 (CAD) getting the software from *(ARC536Pro) that does the NXDN 9600 and the 4800...

I would love to wait for the new Sentinel to come out,
I did all the updates, NXDN, Pro-Voice, DMR, and last but not least, the new " Firmware Version 1.16.00
This has been asked and answered multiple times. While a revised Sentinel will eventually be released, it is not expected to be imminent. A few days after the NXDN upgrade became available, UPMan stated that a time frame for the new version of Sentinel would be "more than a few weeks, and less than a few months'. He was not anymore specific than that. I believe Uniden may be reviewing their options, as to whether a revised Sentinel would be released to handle both the existing x36HP scanners as well as the unreleased (as yet) new SDS100, or whether there would be an all new version for the SDS100, with an update to 1.07 to allow for NXDN programming.

Besides ARC536, ProScan also supports NXDN programming, and has features that the Basic version of ARC536 does not, such as logging & recording. ProScan also supports multiple models other than the x36HP series.

Status
Not open for further replies.