Sentinel - avoid channels clear with each update

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1IWN

Every time I run an update for the database with the BCD536HP, any channel that I have set for permanent avoid clears out, and I have to manually reset each one as they pop up again.

This also applies when I update my HP-2.

I suspect there is a way to keep those avoids alive, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
When you update the main database, you are deleting the old one and downloading a new one. Any changes you make will be lost.

Favorite Lists are not affected by database updates. If you use Add Channels On Range to extract local stuff from the database to a favorite list, the favorite list will not be affected by subsequent changes to the main database. It will only change if you manually change it.

K1IWN

When you update the main database, you are deleting the old one and downloading a new one. Any changes you make will be lost.

Favorite Lists are not affected by database updates. If you use Add Channels On Range to extract local stuff from the database to a favorite list, the favorite list will not be affected by subsequent changes to the main database. It will only change if you manually change it.

Excellent. I did not know that "Add Channels On Range" would let me look at everything and tweak it from there. I was able to format a favorite list from that and weeded out all the freqs I didn't want.

I appreciate the tip! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.