Sentinel BCDx36HP Datebase Reconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
I've searched the forums and I have read a lot of information and nothing has helped me to zero in on my particular issue.

I was creating a new FL and all was going well but then I had to restart the PC. My database resides on a drive that needs to be reconnected at boot up.This has happened before and reconstructing has always worked. Until this time.

I was able to reread the scanner and get everything back except for the FL that I was creating in Sentinel. I can see a hpd file that was created for my FL. I can read the contents with a text reader.

Is there any way to get this HPD file to be read by Sentinel now?

Thanks,
Rick

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
One way comes to mind that you can try (may be some others).

In Sentinel, go to Tools>Options. In the Sentinel Folder box, change that to point to the path where you discovered that HPD file. Click OK.

Hopefully you will see that lone FL. Then go to File>Export to HPE file. Go through the steps to make an HPE file from that Favorites List. Note the location of that created HPE file.

Then using Tools>Options, change the Sentinel Folder back to where all your other Favorites Lists are located.

Lastly go to Files>Import from HPE file. Locate that created HPE file and import it.

Hopefully this accomplishes what you wish.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
ofd8001 thank you for your suggestion. I actually just recovered the file and came back here to find your suggestion. What I ended up doing was creating a new folder for all data to be written to by Sentinel. I reread my scanner. Saved as a new profile. Then I added the hpd file in question from the previous location into the new favorites list folder. I then reconstructed the database and there it was again. Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.