Sentinel - Can I Filter Custom1 Favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
Is there a quick way to see what FL channels have a service type of Custom1?

Is there a way to bulk update them?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Not that I am aware of, if they are in separate Departments. You can sort each Department, or grouping of channels, by their Service Types, but that's on a Department by Department basis.

omlbed

Premium Subscriber
I don't know of a way either. What I have done in the past when I was looking to remove all of the CUSTOM1 entries was to load all of the favorite lists into ARC536PRO (I've also done it with ARC Patrol), then print all systems to a pdf file, and then search the pdf file via CTRL+F for "CUSTOM1". Once I find them in the pdf document then I go back to Sentinel and correct/change them.
Good luck!

WhatsnOKC

Premium Subscriber
On the scanner itself, I turned off all service types except Custom1 to see what it would have left to scan. That's how I found my rogue entry and fixed it in Sentinel.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is there a quick way to see what FL channels have a service type of Custom1?

Is there a way to bulk update them?
Actually, you can do that via the Favorites Editor in ProScan. Either by a find & replace signally, or a directed find & replace all.

As far as a "bulk update" goes, if you are looking to make a change or correction in a group of frequencies, or talkgroups, in a given department, you can update one of the lines, then copy the selected field that was changed to the windows clipboard. Then select the range of channels/tgids that need changing. (If all are in a contiguous list, hold down the <Shift> key while clicking on the first and then the last item to select them as well as all in between. If not contiguous, then hold down the <CTRL> key while seelcting the ones to change. After all are selected (they would be highlighted now in your list), paste the setting you copied before into all of them at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.