BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Sentinel - Change System Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
I've downloaded a DMR system for Palm Springs off the RR database for my BCD436HP.
Sentinel downloaded the System Type as "Conventional"

I've looked everywhere to change it to a DMR system ...
I'm sure it's something simple I've missed.

Suggestions??? What am I missing?

marksmith

I am guessing here, but I think you might need to create a new DMR system and then append what you downloaded over to it. I don't think you can change a system type once it has been created. Maybe someone else has figured out how.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I wrote that wrong ...

It's actually Westjet Airlines ...
I'm taking the info from YYC to search the system in Palm Springs.

I've named the System "WESTJET"
But in the Sentinel software it says System Type "Conventional" ... not "DMR"
It looks like when I get down to the Channel Freq ... I do get a "Color Code" under "Audio Option"

I'm hoping I can set it up using the SEARCH feature to locate the correct info being used in Palm Springs.
Not sure if they use the same system there ... but I was questioning how to change the "Conventional" to "DMR" ?
Thanks

troymail

Silent Key
So confused....

Mark was right above - one you have a system programmed as a given type, you can't change it. You have to start over and get it right when selecting the type -

Ah - I think I finally figured out what you are talking about....

CYYC Calgary International Airport Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Westjet does appear to be conventional DMR - at least that is the type it was submitted to and posted in the RRDB. That would make it type "Conventional" in Sentinel.

In this case, the fact that color codes are provided/set indicates it is DMR.

Is there something that makes you believe it is other than conventional?

"I'm hoping I can set it up using the SEARCH feature to locate the correct info being used in Palm Springs."

I have no idea what this means but if you were thinking you could you could use the information about the channels in Calgary to determine the configuration in Palm Springs (California?), you'll probably need to wait many, many more years before that might be possible -- I know of no way that will happen with today's technology.

Last edited:

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping I can set it up using the SEARCH feature to locate the correct info being used in Palm Springs.
Not sure if they use the same system there ... but I was questioning how to change the "Conventional" to "DMR" ?
Thanks

The Plam Springs location likely uses different frequencies, TGID's and Color Codes. Your best bet is to find that locations licensing information and start there.

The West Jet looks to be a "conventional" system. That simply means it is not trunked, Con+, CAP+, or DT3. You can't change the system type without reprogramming on your own. You would need to manually enter all the information into a "one frequency" system and select Slot to "all" since the slots are not provided in the RR database.

Status
Not open for further replies.