BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Sentinel Copy and Paste Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I was programming my 436HP yesterday and tried to paste a bunch of talkgroups from one P25 system to another. Every time I did, it gave me an error saying the destination list had too few spaces, despite having made sure that there were enough spaces to accommodate the number of talkgroups that needed to be pasted. I discovered that the only way that the copy/paste function would work is if I did it one TGID at a time. I was able to successfully paste a large number of talkgroups before, but now it won't work. What's going on here?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I too had the same frustrating problem, until I read another post from yet another person with the same challenge.

What works is to first copy the source rows (hightlight and right mouse click copy). Then go to the target department and click the green plus sign which adds one new row. Then highlight only the cell that says "Channel 0000". (Only that one cell - not the whole row or group of rows if you clicked the plus sign several times.)

Then right mouse click Paste. All of the source data should be pasted into the target. Additional rows are created as needed by Sentinel to accommodate all of the source data.

Status
Not open for further replies.