Sentinel Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Bummer.

Not sure on anything else nor do I have an answer to your question.
I was just covering the simple stuff!
I'd guess you may be correct and a windows update messed with something. Seen that happen enough!

I guess you could try removing/reinstalling or repairing the various .NET versions you may have installed. That's about the only other simple thing I can think of.

Hopefully UPMan will see this and offer some advice.

I never messed with Sentinel under Vista so not sure if there is something specific to Vista that others have seen. Do you have another computer you can install Sentinel on so you can at least get things updated for now?

Sentinel has always been very stable for me on Win 7 and XP. I skipped installing it on Vista. I just booted into my XP partition which I've not booted for many many months and Sentinel fired up no problem. I then did all the windows updates and Sentinel still started fine. I don't have a Vista install any longer so I can't test the same on Vista.

Good luck and I hope someone will come along that may have a working solution! Sorry I don't have any positive ideas other than the simple things.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
One other thing, can you right click the desktop icon and select Run as Administrator?

How about the compatibility options that you find when right clicking the desktop icon and selecting the properties menu? Maybe play round with running it in one of the XP compatibility choices. I doubt that will do anything as I run it fine even with Win 7 64 bit but I guess it's worth trying. For what it's worth, on Win 7 I don't need to use any compatibility choices but I do see that I have it set to run as Administrator.
Not sure if I need that though but I seem to recall someone suggesting that to another user with a problem.

Good Luck!

tribby2001

I'm a noob when it comes to the inner workings of Windows. Don't know anything about the dotNet interations. But seen it mentioned around here.

I have used Sentinal only on this Vista laptop since day one (early spring 2011). Was working fine up until I tried it today, albeit after a few months.

I'm at a complete loss. I wasn't planning on getting a new Laptop (Win 8) until next year - sigh.

tribby2001

FYI - From my Windows Vista Problem Reports:

Description
Stopped working

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: homepatrol_sentinel.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4ee824c4
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ef6ca5e
Problem Signature 07: fac
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

raybbw

Sentinel problems

I had to install Sentinel on a different computer to get it to work. it still wont work on the original H P w2207 unit running windows seven but does work on my H P 2010i running seven. I tried running malware and file fixers , after about $100.00 later gave up and dug out the second computer.

tribby2001

FYI - From my Windows Vista Problem Reports:

Description
Stopped working

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: homepatrol_sentinel.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4ee824c4
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ef6ca5e
Problem Signature 07: fac
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

So, am I the only poor sod that no longer can use Sentinal under Windows Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.