Sentinel Database Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
Good Evening,

I finally broke down and picked up the new 436. Very quick start up and was up and running in about 5 minutes. Except for the Michigan's system which had a control channel change about 3 months ago. (which my database is from 09-13). I installed Sentinel (v1.02) and attempted to update the database. It keeps having the error: Unable to connect to remote server

After doing some searching it appears this is not an uncommon problem. I have tried:

1. Uninstall and reinstall of Sentinel 3 times
2. Turned off firewall on computer
3. Restarted network and computer
4. Switched over to a second network (different company) and tried

and none of these have worked so far. I tried going to the Uniden site listed in the manual and that the requested document not found on the server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
Well after some more searching on the Uniden website, it appears that the site is down for maintenance until Tuesday 6/17/2014.

Does anyone know of another way to update the database without using the Uniden site or was this just a bad weekend to get a new toy?

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I am having the same issue wih not connecting with RRs server. I am using a Dlink wireless router, But when connect it straight to the ATT Modem I can connect,

So see you can go direct to you modem and see if that corrects the problem.'
'
Godd Luck.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
HomePatrol and x36 database and firmware updates will be unavailable until Tuesday. The Sentinel software does not connect to an RR server for these updates, so that is a different issue.

rsrash

Are there any plans in the works to allow Sentinel software to connect to RR database?
I guess right now, all we can do is, launch ARC536 - download from the RR database, transfer to
the scanner - and transfer the data from the scanner to Sentinel with a blank slate.
Which I have done, a real time waster.

Thanks,
Randy - Brentwood, Ca.

JamesO

Tried to update the Master Database for my x36HP and HP1 this morning and I am getting a time out problem for both Master Database updates.

Not a problem with my home network, might be something with the QWest network??

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
Bob, I am in Fenton Michigan what general area are you in?

Mike
Mike,

It is for Monroe County. I just ended up making a favorite out the the system and manually adding the new control channels.

It will work for the weekend until I can update on Tuesday.

Thanks for all the replies.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.