Sentinel Database search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OFDM

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I was wondering the same thing this morning. I did a conventional discovery scan on my HP and downloaded it into Sentinel. There is an option during discovery to match the discovered frequency to the dB. Several of my frequencies did match the dB but it's not obvious where in the dB they match, it just has a flag of Yes or No. I was looking for a search kind of function but nothing. I'm thinking I'll have to search the RR dB online for that frequency to figure out what it's description is in the dB.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering the same thing this morning. I did a conventional discovery scan on my HP and downloaded it into Sentinel. There is an option during discovery to match the discovered frequency to the dB. Several of my frequencies did match the dB but it's not obvious where in the dB they match, it just has a flag of Yes or No. I was looking for a search kind of function but nothing. I'm thinking I'll have to search the RR dB online for that frequency to figure out what it's description is in the dB.

Have you tried to repeat the "Discovery scan" without the Internet hooked up? Perhaps this will show if the internet is being used or not.

I had thought and now I am not so sure that it checked the database on the SD card using the parameters you have set in your Sentinel programming. If it finds one of my frequencies in Montana but I live in New York this would not seem to be very helpful.

I have some repeated frequencies I want to keep like CD frequencies which are nationwide but I want some of those being actively scanned what ever Favorite's List I am using or am I missing the point here?

Status
Not open for further replies.