Sentinel Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi - this is mainly for UPMan.

Paul, while browsing the full DB in x36 Sentinel, I noticed that "NXDN" conventional frequencies are included but "DMR" (formerly listed in the RRDB as "TRBO") are not. I believe we discussed this before (with regards o the HP1) and you said some folks wanted to see the frequencies in the scanner. But at that time, the frequencies' modulation in the RRDB was labeled TRBO. Now that they're labeled DMR, they're evidently not being pulled into the HPDB.

In the interests of consistency, may I suggest someone tweak the settings to include modulation type DMR in the weekly download used to compose the HPDB?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I think it would be a nice feature, though I don't know exactly how this could happen given the current structure of the databases (Uniden and RR).

Downloading frequencies or Talkgroup IDs that are either NXDN/TRBO or encrypted may lead to some users not understanding why these things are not being received or think there might be a problem with their scanner. Of course if eventually NXDN/TRBO becomes a "receivable" format, this issue would be negated.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It's fairly simple actually. Right now they appear to download all modulations except "Telm" and "DMR". They just need to add "DMR" to that list.

In the past, they downloaded "TRBO", as well as "NXDN", and "NXDN" has continued to be downloaded. Somewhere in the intervening time, RR changed modulation type "TRBO" to type "DMR", and my suspicion is the algorithm used to download data for the HPDB was not kept in sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.