Sentinel DB doesn't match Radio Ref DB after updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa9pvs

Premium Subscriber
After I update the "Master database" in Sentinel, I can see the latest update in the Uniden folder in the "Program Data" folder on my hard drive. Also I see the updated database after I upload to my radio. In Sentinel however, when I compare the database at Radio Reference to the "Database USA" in the Sentinel program I donot see updated information. I did a "reconstruct full database". still donot see any updated frequencies. Any suggestions on how to make that happen?

phask

Premium Subscriber
After I update the "Master database" in Sentinel, I can see the latest update in the Uniden folder in the "Program Data" folder on my hard drive. Also I see the updated database after I upload to my radio. In Sentinel however, when I compare the database at Radio Reference to the "Database USA" in the Sentinel program I donot see updated information. I did a "reconstruct full database". still donot see any updated frequencies. Any suggestions on how to make that happen?

Examples?

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
The Sentinel Database is only updated once a week. They pull the data info every Sunday and it is available for Sentinel on Monday at 10.00 AM EST. If there is an update during the week before Sunday, it will not show up on Sentinel until the next weeks Database pull.

wa9pvs

Premium Subscriber
bcd436/536HP - Both radios got the update, the folder in windows "Program Data" got the new version. But when I launch Sentinel to use the latest updated version entries are not there. in the USA state list. I compared my "updated" database with Radio Reference listings.

wa9pvs

Premium Subscriber
I have been updating on a weekly basis for the past year. This is the first time I thought to compare against the Radio Ref listings.

wa9pvs

Premium Subscriber
capn max.. I'll wait until next week to check again. I think you have the answer. Not sure when it was posted to Rad Ref listing. thanks....

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure of exactly what you are asking. . .

If you look in the C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP\Database folder and note the "Date Modified", that will be the date you did the download itself, not the Uniden "version". If you open Sentinel and look in the lower left-hand corner, you'll see "Database Version xx/xx/xx". I'm presuming that's the date when the Uniden server communicated with the RR server and did the download.

The RR database is in a constant state of being updated. Uniden has decided to connect to the RR database once per week. Usually its an over the weekend deal, but there are many reasons why it could come earlier or later.

wa9pvs

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure of exactly what you are asking. . .

If you look in the C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP\Database folder and note the "Date Modified", that will be the date you did the download itself, not the Uniden "version". If you open Sentinel and look in the lower left-hand corner, you'll see "Database Version xx/xx/xx". I'm presuming that's the date when the Uniden server communicated with the RR server and did the download.

The RR database is in a constant state of being updated. Uniden has decided to connect to the RR database once per week. Usually its an over the weekend deal, but there are many reasons why it could come earlier or later.
Thanks for the info. My concern was I did not see frequencies updated in the latest database version. As pointed out earlier in this thread, I probably should wait until the latest data gets published on the following Monday to check. I noticed the change dates in Radio Ref's notes. It probably was too early to see them in the latest update. I'll give it a week or two then check to see if I see those frequencies in question appear in the newest version of the database. I'm too impatient. :)

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
You also have to remember that any trunk system without talkgroups listed in RR will not show in sentinel.

NM9X

You also have to remember that any trunk system without talkgroups listed in RR will not show in sentinel.

I also noticed that any trunked frequencies with LCN listed as 00 are not included in the database - only those with LCN assigned a number are shown.

wa9pvs

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. My concern was I did not see frequencies updated in the latest database version. As pointed out earlier in this thread, I probably should wait until the latest data gets published on the following Monday to check. I noticed the change dates in Radio Ref's notes. It probably was too early to see them in the latest update. I'll give it a week or two then check to see if I see those frequencies in question appear in the newest version of the database. I'm too impatient. :)

Ok. I updated my database today. All the entries are now there. Everything looks to be fine. Sorry for the fire drill. Thanks all for your input. - 73 Ken

bdalton26

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel missing data in RR Database

Hi, One of our major EMS providers in Greene Co. MO (Cox Health) changed to a new DMR frequency that is listed in the RR database (appeared last week) and I did the software update this morning but it is missing from both the Sentinel ver for my HP-1 & 436HP. I have tried to read all the threads but can't find a match for this issue exactly. Any advise???? I would appreciate it!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Maybe you checked for dB update too early? I just checked, and it is in BCDx36HP Sentinel. It won't be in HP Sentinel, as neither the HP-1 nor HP-2 supports DMR.

bdalton26

Premium Subscriber
UPMan I tried it again, and it updated again (I had updated last night before bed for good measure) and darn if it didnt update again and now shows it. Thanks so much, I can put down the bottle of Xanax now!

Status
Not open for further replies.