Sentinel does not start at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ufoldfirst

I have read the threads regarding .net and Sentinel etc.. but still not getting anywhere.

Using my home PC running Vista Home Premium 64bit SP2
Sentinel will install, but when trying to run the program, all I get is a Windows message : BCDx36HP_Sentinel has stopped working.

I have updated the .net and even tried rolling back to an older version, but still no Sentinel!

I am tired of having to wait 12 minutes to boot up my 11 year old laptop just to run Sentinel and update the scanner!

Please, someone who has had this problem and fixed it, let me know if there is any hope..

How the hell you sell a ~$500 scanner with software that does not run on a modern system?!?!
From the crap I've read since buying this 436, starting to get annoyed. My OLD Bearcat base station picks up and can hear broadcasts before this new expensive paperweight. Just love hearing the end of a transmission squelch from new technology while old technology prevails.
FWIW, 11 year old laptop and 15 year old bearcat working better than 3yo pc and BCD436HP.

joeuser

The Wretched
Well the problem is your PC I'm betting. When was the last time you did any maintenance or cleaned it up or have you? Also, are you fully updated with windows updates?

phask

Premium Subscriber
Well I as well as many users on here are running Win 8.1 - how much newer do you want?

Install and run with zero issues.

BTW - have ran Sentinel with Vista HP 64 bit, Win Xp and no issues with any..

I have read the threads regarding .net and Sentinel etc.. but still not getting anywhere.

Using my home PC running Vista Home Premium 64bit SP2
Sentinel will install, but when trying to run the program, all I get is a Windows message : BCDx36HP_Sentinel has stopped working.

I have updated the .net and even tried rolling back to an older version, but still no Sentinel!

I am tired of having to wait 12 minutes to boot up my 11 year old laptop just to run Sentinel and update the scanner!

Please, someone who has had this problem and fixed it, let me know if there is any hope..

How the hell you sell a ~$500 scanner with software that does not run on a modern system?!?!
From the crap I've read since buying this 436, starting to get annoyed. My OLD Bearcat base station picks up and can hear broadcasts before this new expensive paperweight. Just love hearing the end of a transmission squelch from new technology while old technology prevails.
FWIW, 11 year old laptop and 15 year old bearcat working better than 3yo pc and BCD436HP.

Ufoldfirst

Auto update is on and I double check weekly to make sure no errors, weekly clean/scan/update/etc.

Only thing I can think of that could have negative effects is last year uninstalled Norton to use something else. I know previous use and removal of Norton has in the past causes s/w issues on other systems.

JackdAnderson

Try right clicking on the desktop icon for the program and run as an admin. Sometimes that would work for me when I used to run vista and had problems with programs not running.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it is a 11-year old, I'd suspect it doesn't have enough memory in it.

joeuser

The Wretched
Auto update is on and I double check weekly to make sure no errors, weekly clean/scan/update/etc.

Only thing I can think of that could have negative effects is last year uninstalled Norton to use something else. I know previous use and removal of Norton has in the past causes s/w issues on other systems.

Do you know how to clean your temp/tmp files? If so, do that - if not REPLY & QUOTE this thread & I'll help you further

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit was withdrawn from mainstream support in April 2012, so you are not running a modern system. Software vendors can't continue to put effort into supporting obsolete operating systems, and if it happens to work it's just by chance.

Ufoldfirst

UPMan - 11 year old system works

joeuser - yes

jtwalker - you are right and I agree

----

I'd like to hear from someone that has had this issue and resolved.

Any chance for future Android support? maybe its time to get new laptop/tablet..

Status
Not open for further replies.