Sentinel Download Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

eg153wftx

Do I specifically have to have the MS NET. Framework to DL and unzip the sentinels for HP and SDS 200? The error message says so, even though this laptop has a version 4,0 or something...

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Not to download, but to run. The zip file has the installer for the version of .Net Framework used by Sentinel.

eg153wftx

tried that the problem is this windows 10 laptop has the 4. something installed and will not accept the 2.0 in the zip file

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You may already have the version installed, and that's what's causing the error. Have you tried running Sentinel to see if it works with the existing .Net?

eg153wftx

\this is a new to me laptop and the sentinels ran just fine on the old one, trying to put them on this one from the uniden download and says I need the Net 2.0 when using the downloader for the frame work 2.0 error message says 4.0 already installed and sentinel will not run with the 4.0.. trying to find an older 2.0 DL , I plan on getting the sentinels in this 'puter then reading my info from the radios

The thing that jumps out at me is you say "new to me", which makes me believe this may have been someone else's lappytop? If so, you may need to restore Windoze to the lappytops original state, update it and then install Sentinel... I say this because I am typing this out on a brandy spankin new Windoze 10 lappytop with latest updates and Sentinel installed and works as fine as a frogs hair.. (Given, as it is Windoze!)

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I have no problems running Sentinel on WIN 7 PRO 64, WIN 8 PRO 64 or WIN 10 PRO 64.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
trying to find an older 2.0 DL ,

In Windows 10, go to:

Control Panel --> Programs and features --> Turn Windows features on or off (in the upper left corner)

once that window populates, click in the box that says ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)”. You don't need to select the 2 sub-headings under that main one.

Click OK, and it will be installed.

eg153wftx

In Windows 10, go to:

Control Panel --> Programs and features --> Turn Windows features on or off (in the upper left corner)

once that window populates, click in the box that says ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)”. You don't need to select the 2 sub-headings under that main one.

Click OK, and it will be installed.

Got it guys thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.