BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Sentinel Error Message - Favorite List

Status
Not open for further replies.

billiumt

Hi, I am a new 436 owner and receiving error message "Saving favorites list file failed." "The process cannot access the file C:\ file path (shorted due to length)\f_list.cfg because it is being used by another process. "
Sentinel saves the list after I hit OK but nothing writes to the radio.
I have forced shut down via Task Manager
Rebooted
Created a new favorite list
Erased user data to no avail
Forced Erase Favorites list on scanner option
Using V 1.07 on a win 7 machine
Any ideas would be appreciated

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You have permissions issues accessing the folder where Sentinel stores its data. Try running Sentinel as an administrator.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It's also possible that the f_list.cfg was opened by some other software when you were using Sentinel.

This is quite similar to other situations where two different programs are using the same file. If you did a computer reboot as in shutdown/power off, that should have closed all files. So I'm kind of wondering there.

Erasing user data (which I take to mean a "Clear User Data") wouldn't help - all that does is clear the SD card and re-write operating files on the SD card. Your issue is with your computer.

Also easing a Favorites List on the scanner is pretty much the same thing - dealing with files on the SD card where your "gremlin" is on your machine.

You may try doing a complete computer shutdown and re-start. The start Sentinel and connect your scanner and do a "Read from Scanner". That will replace the "f_list.cfg" file stored on the computer with the one saved on the scanner's SD card, thus overwriting a potentially corrupt "f_list.cfg" file on your computer hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.