Sentinel for BCT15X and BCD996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiredCat

I just recently dusted off my scanners and have the 15X running 24/7 as it was programmed several years ago before I put it up. But I'm trying to get up to speed and get these radios working like I want. I just downloaded ProScan onto my laptop and have been playing around with it until my new model USB-1 cable gets here on Wednesday. Then I'll be figuring all that programming out with the ProScan. But.....question really is, I am very confused. I have looked and read most of the day on the Sentinel software that is compatible with the BCD996T and BCT15X. I just don't know. It seems that there are two out now. One is for Home Patrol radios and the other with the "green" shield is for the HPs. Will the HP version work with my two radios? I can't find anywhere an "older" version for these radios I have. Any help and answers would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced!!

TiredCat

OK. Thats all I needed to know. Now I can stop running down holes and get on with learning the ProScan software. I am assuming that firmware updates can be made for my radios from Uniden apart from Sentinel......?
Thanks for the quick reply.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I have never tried Freescan, but it is (from what I hear) the best programming software for the BCT15X and the 996T.

TiredCat

I actually was going to download the FreeScan initially. But then I saw that the ProScan (full and unabridged) can be downloaded and used free as well....for 30 days. Then you have the option to either pay or drop. So I figured I would try it.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
OP, you will love ProScan. Best scanner control software out there. Best customer service. Best GUI. The virtual control is awesome. For the price of $50 you can have 8 separate instances of it on 2 computers. Who else does that? The author, Bob, is a regular here and responds to questions very quickly. IMO, he is a cut above the rest. You will be very satisfied with ProScan.

TiredCat

If you are looking for Free you need to download FreeScan also. After the ProScan 30 day trial, you will have no access to save or amend your programming.

OK....that is good to know. Thanks for that heads up. I don't mind paying for the ProScan at all though, as long as I can learn to use it well and easily program my radios the way that I want. I just thought that "FREE" is very nice while I'm trying learn and figure things out.

TiredCat

I have read a lot of very positive comments about the ProScan. It seems to be an extremely popular choice by MANY people. Thats why I figured I would give it the nod first. Thanks.....

Didn't "quote" this reply properly....but in response to TailGator911.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
OP, you will love ProScan. Best scanner control software out there. Best customer service. Best GUI. The virtual control is awesome. For the price of $50 you can have 8 separate instances of it on 2 computers. Who else does that? The author, Bob, is a regular here and responds to questions very quickly. IMO, he is a cut above the rest. You will be very satisfied with ProScan.

ProScan has no limit on the amount of instances running on a computer. You could legally run 200+ instances if your computer has the resources and you really have that many compatible scanners.

The only limit is the physical amount of compatible scanners you own plus having the physical ability to connect them all via USB or Serial or LAN to a computer. And then this can be duplicated on a 2nd computer running 400 instances if you wantl

Bob's license agreement for ProScan is the best and probably the least restrictive I've ever seen for purchased software.
I've personally ran over 12 instances on two machines at the same time for 24 radios total. And @buddrousa will have that beat!

Other than that, I fully agree that ProScan is simply the best for the compatible Uniden models it supports. I use it for almost every model it supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.