Sentinel help needed - HP-1 and BCDx36hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I'm having huge issues with the SD cards and programing of my Homepatrol and my BCD436HP

My Homepatrol (and my friends) have had issues in the past with the radio, or the computer not being able to read the SD card in my radio requiring me to reset the user data almost every 3rd or 4th update.

After getting the BCD436HP I was noticing the same issue when pugging the scanner into my computer, I can not read the SD card and have to format the card in order to program it with Sentinel. The scanner will keep going but I can't upload or download from the scanner. Recently with the x36 scanner it's getting so bad that I have to slow format the SD card by taking the card out of the radio in order to download the Fav lists or the database updates.

Any Ideas???

JamesO

Not sure I am following 100%.

First guess is your computer/USB ports? This assumes all 3 radios are having issue with a single computer/USB system.

SD card issues have been reported, however, again, I would be questioning if the computer/USB is getting flaky.

I might also question the power supply for the computer?

Also recommend changing the USB port power setting on the computer to not turn off power to the USB port(s).

Changing or swapping SD cards is pretty simple and much cheaper and easier than changing the computer.

But more details would be helpful.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Clarifications

I guess I'm saying I have had this SD card issue communicating with the computer and Sentinel program.

I have tried this on different computers, and with 2 HP-1's and 2 BCD436HP's and every third or fourth time I connect a scanner to a computer I'm having SD card / Mass Storage issues.

I have no issues charging the radios, and it doesn't matter what USB cable I use.

Its gotten to the point with my BCD436HP I have my 32gb card in my scanner, and a spare because I keep loosing all the data (and recordings) when I try to sync my scanner, and am forced to slow format the cards to be able to write to it.

I have seen the same problem happen to my friends scanner, so I'm looking here for help.

JamesO

I have seen the same problem happen to my friends scanner, so I'm looking here for help.

So do you connect your friends scanner to your computer, or is he/she using their own computer?

Also are you using fresh batteries when connecting the scanner to the computer?

Are you using AC power when connecting the scanner to the computer?

Is the computer a laptop or desktop?

I have no answers as this point, but seems there is a LOT of detail being left out.

Could be ground loops, power issue, computer issue or other, but you need to rule out the obvious things first.

I have a HP1 and 536HP and no issues yet with SD cards, but I am using a laptop and sometimes the laptop is on battery, sometimes plugged in.

HP1 always on batteries, never connected it to AC power yet, 536HP on wall wart.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
So do you connect your friends scanner to your computer, or is he/she using their own computer?

Yes, we both are experiencing the same issues using our own, and each others scanners/laptops

Also are you using fresh batteries when connecting the scanner to the computer?

I wouldn't say "Fresh" batteries, but they always have a charge. That and the 436HP charges via USB. But once again this has happened on 2 different HP-1's and 2 different 436's

Are you using AC power when connecting the scanner to the computer?

I have on my HP-1, but not on my 436 as it charges DC via USB

Is the computer a laptop or desktop?

I have encountered the issue on my Laptop, Surface, and my desktop.

I have no answers as this point, but seems there is a LOT of detail being left out.

Could be ground loops, power issue, computer issue or other, but you need to rule out the obvious things first.

I have a HP1 and 536HP and no issues yet with SD cards, but I am using a laptop and sometimes the laptop is on battery, sometimes plugged in.

HP1 always on batteries, never connected it to AC power yet, 536HP on wall wart.

This boggles me because on the HP-1 when there are issues the scanner will not turn on (a clear indication the SD card has been corrupted). Yet if I connect the 436 and it comes up that the SD card is unreadable by the computer. the scanner will still function. I'm really getting frustrated with loosing any recordings I try to make and transfer back to my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.