Sentinel issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

5300ogden

I have problems getting Sentinel to load. It says I need .NET which is already in Windows. I have even installed a second version just to make sure. But the SETUP file will not open.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

5300ogden

I have not been able to get my 536HP successfully programmed by the vendor nor can I get Sentinel software to download after many attempts. Does Uniden or some commercial outfit do programming and send a SD card to just plug in? Thanks in advance.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Scannermaster does exactly this. You can purchase a microSD card from them with programming and firmware updates right on it.

5300ogden

Thanks, I have worked with Rich at Scannermaster over several weeks trying to get their programmer to get one county right, to no avail. Maybe it is the scanner itself. Thank you for the recommendation.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
What problem are you having with Sentinel? Setup.exe won't open? What error message are you getting?

What about the programming isn't working? Which system(s) aren't working?

Setting problems are far more common than hardware failures.

5300ogden

Thank you for your email. I couldn't get setup to open, it turns out that the Net 3.5/2.0 tip offered earlier this evening did work such that this time Sentinel did successfully load. So the failure the past several days of Sentinel may just have been the .NET framework within my Windows OS.

The programming issue is that the Pottawattamie County, IA system is not working. It is part of the Omaha regional system (ORION) that covers counties in both states and I am most interested in receiving the Council Bluffs PD with that system. I am aware that I can listen to it via a user that has it on Broadcastify, but two attempts on different SD cards have yielded nothing to date despite the best honest efforts by the company that I purchased the scanner from.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Pottamwattamie Co uses a seven site simulcast system. Have you tried your scanner at other locations? It could be a simulcast issue.

5300ogden

Thank you for your thought on this. I have driven to various locations in Council Bluffs and sat there for 10-15 minutes and have never picked anything up on the 536HP. At the same time I am receiving on the Broadcastify link on my phone. So after testing at 3 different locations stationary in CB, I am back to thinking it is the programming or the unit. Although the Sarpy County, NE system that was on the same SD card is working. Thanks for thoughts.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If Sarpy Co is working, it has to be a programming issue. Let me try creating a file and see if it works. When it is completed, I will attach the HPE file that you can import into Sentinel.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is the file. Save the zipped file to your computer and extract. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Import HPE File. Click on New Favorites List. Name it Pottawattamie Co. Click OK. Find and highlight the extracted file in the file explorer and click Open. You will have to assign it a Favorites List Quick Key.

Attachments

• Pottawattamie Co.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 2

5300ogden

Thank you, I will try later this evening when back home. I certainly appreciate your help.

5300ogden

Here is the file. Save the zipped file to your computer and extract. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Import HPE File. Click on New Favorites List. Name it Pottawattamie Co. Click OK. Find and highlight the extracted file in the file explorer and click Open. You will have to assign it a Favorites List Quick Key.

Am not seeing the file on the email.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The file isn't on email. I deleted it from the post for a short time to update the site name. Click over to RadioReference and back to Forums again to update the posts and you should see the file. Here is the file again.

Attachments

• Pottawattamie Co.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

5300ogden

The file isn't on email. I deleted it from the post for a short time to update the site name. Click over to RadioReference and back to Forums again to update the posts and you should see the file. Here is the file again.
Not having used Sentinel yet, do I do all the steps of saving, opening and importing to Sentinel with the scanner attached to the PC via USB?

5300ogden

You don't need to have a scanner connected to import a favorites list.
Thanks I was working my way through but now that I have the new favorites list in there, and have found the extracted file, it does not want to open. It wants a program to open. Sorry.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks I was working my way through but now that I have the new favorites list in there, and have found the extracted file, it does not want to open. It wants a program to open. Sorry.

I just downloaded the file that tvengr posted, and it imported into Sentinel without any issues. If you follow the instructions in post #12 exactly, you shouldn't have any problem.... and it shouldn't ask you for another program to open it if you've followed the directions as given.... you don't "open" it, you "import" it.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Do you see the Pottawattamie Co favorites list in Sentinel? If it is, you now have to create a profile to send it to the scanner. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Open. Tell me what you see and then click on OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.