Sentinel Noob Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juls1188

Premium Subscriber
So I just got an SDS100 and am Using Sentinel for the first time. When trying to read from the scanner or write to the scanner I get the pop up window that says "Different on scanner" or "Different on unit" and then the 3 options to copy and replace, copy with new name or skip. I have only pressed the skip button as I am afraid of messing something up. Which is the correct choice here? Thanks for any replies and take it easy on me, I'm learning here lol.

Attachments

• Sentinal 2.jpg
    Sentinal 2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Sentinal.jpg
    Sentinal.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 9

jasoyeom

Sentinel has discovered there are differences between what's on your pc and on your scanner. Something new is on your scanner and is not in Sentinel and vice-versa. How you answer will update one or the other. If you are downloading from your scanner and something is different in Sentinel you can either update Sentinel with the new information or not.

Juls1188

Premium Subscriber
I am basically just trying to set some channels to "avoid". So when I press write to scanner and the window pops up I'm assuming I press the copy and replace and this will update my scanner?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Copy and replace means Sentinel will overwrite the files on your computer with what is in your scanner.
Copy with a new name means Sentinel will create an additional file(s) on your computer with a different name. This is good if you want to compare/contrast what is on your scanner with what you have on the computer. But a guy can get confused too.
Skip means leave what is in the scanner alone as well as leave what is on the computer alone.

It is truly your choice what you want to do. Making mistakes does help learning though frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.