Sentinel on an iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
Last year January I purchased the bcd996xt and also the bcd396xt both great radios but now the new ones are even better!

I have an iphone and I'm wondering how to get sentinel software on it for my new radio!

noaim

Premium Subscriber
Bcd536hp

Hmm it says there is a software that you can listen to your radio on a smartphone or tablet.. I understand that the main programming software is on a PC. :)

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Hmm it says there is a software that you can listen to your radio on a smartphone or tablet.. I understand that the main programming software is on a PC. :)

OK, that's Siren, not Sentinel. :) It's not out yet, hopefully soon though. There were delays caused by some problems with the wifi dongles. If you search the forum for UPMan's post on the subject, you can read all the details.

-AZ

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Take a look at Freescan for iOS, works great with my 996xt.
But FreeScan for iOS, or FreeScan on a computer for that matter, will not work with the 536HP or 436HP. And I was told personally by the software designer of FreeScan that he is NOT going to update it to support the 536HP and 436HP because it would require a complete re-write of the program and he doesn't have time for that.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I didn't clarify. I have actually now purchased both the bcd436hp and bcd536hp. Didn't originally realize that siren is now out yet. I will be looking forward to it though! And I love the new radios

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
But FreeScan for iOS, or FreeScan on a computer for that matter, will not work with the 536HP or 436HP. And I was told personally by the software designer of FreeScan that he is NOT going to update it to support the 536HP and 436HP because it would require a complete re-write of the program and he doesn't have time for that.

Wow, I didn't realize there was a FreeScan for iOS until I just saw this post! I'm now going to see if I can get that working with my system.

Sorry I didn't clarify. I have actually now purchased both the bcd436hp and bcd536hp. Didn't originally realize that siren is now out yet. I will be looking forward to it though! And I love the new radios

Yes, just have some patience - they're working on that feature now.

Status
Not open for further replies.