Sentinel on BCD436HP, FLs & QKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillKaye

I am in the process of redoing, and expanding, a complete rebuild of my Favorites Lists (FL) and curious whether I have to actually assign a Quick Keys (QK) to each FL Seems the way I had initially set it up left me where a Broadcastify-type app on my iPhone was picking up more radio traffic than on the scanner itself!

In all I’d like to keep it to around 30 FLs consisting to P25 II, P25 I, Conventional, P25 Single Frequency and NXDN. (PM if you would like to see the layout template.)

QKs have never been my strong forte and I’d prefer to just toggle the FLs using the “Select Lists to Monitor’ feature. In the past, I set each FL with a QK corresponding to the FL number, then set each Site, Department, etc, with the same QK.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

tvengr

Well Known Member
If systems, departments, and sites all have a quick key of None, they will scan anytime the favorites list quick key is enabled. There is no reason to assign the same favorites list number to all of the systems, departments, and sites within a favorites list. Using Sentinel, just add a different quick key to each favorites list. A favorites list can be toggled on and off by pressing its quick key number and then E on the keypad. In the scanner menu, under Set Scan Selection and Select Lists to Monitor, the favorites list must be set to On to be able to toggle it on and off with its quick key. If all of the favorites lists have both Download and Monitor set to On in the profile when you write to the scanner, it will not be necessary to set each favorites list to On in the scanner menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.