Sentinel Preference Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcf

In Sentinel when I go to Preferences/Broadcast Screen I have the following things listed:
Pager
FM
UHF TV
VHF TV
NOAM WX

What are these for? By default the is a check mark by Pager is that turning the Pager thingy on or off?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Close Call is useless if you live next to TV or radio broadcast stations and get bombarded with numerous constant signal hits. Broadcast Screen blocks Close Call hits within common broadcast bands like TV, broadcast FM, and pagers. If you turn the screen off for a band, then you will get Close Call within that band.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
What do the things listed do? What does Broadcast Screen mean?
When you say skipped do you men off?

I'm not sure that is correct? I have FM checked and nothing else. I still receive FM. So what does it mean when they are checked or unchecked? I really don't know.
See this: BCDX36HP Sentinel Software Manual

Basically, by selecting these, you exclude them from giving Custom or Quick Search results, as well as eliminating Close Call hits for common frequencies used for those services. In other words, if you were driving by a TV or FM radio broadcasting tower, close call would not generate hits on the frequencies being used. The same with common paging frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.