Sentinel Programming of SDS100 - New MRC Tier 3 System

rkillins

I have an SDS 100 and am trying to use Sentinel software to program the MRC Tier 3 system as a favourite from Waterloo Region. It shows up in the Waterloo trunked systems list in the RR database, but even with the database updated in Sentinel, I cannot find this system.

If it's under Waterloo Region Countywide systems, I am clearly blind. I thought the Sentinel/SDS100 database was data exctracted from the RadioReference Database. Where can I find the the MRC System in Sentinel's database?

Capture.JPG

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel ignores Tier 3 Capacity Max systems - a bug on Uniden's side. You'll have to enter it manually, or subscribe to RadioReference and use other software like ProScan to pull from the database (In my opinion, a much superior piece of software to what I consider the terrible Sentinel)

rkillins

Ah, good to know! Thanks for the advice.

OK, so perhaps easier said then done. If I may ask for some help ... what type of system would this be? SDS100 allows me to select among others: Motorola, MotoTRBO Trunk and DMR One Frequency. I opted for MotoTRBO Trunk. But that requires me to know the LCN and colour codes of the frequencies. Where do I obtain those?

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
MotoTRBO Trunk is the one you want I believe. If you click each site on the database, it will show LCN's and colour codes on the sites page.

Example for Cambridge:
Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 7.24.15 PM.png