Sentinel SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatorejrc

I am trying to program my sds100 with sentinel and sentinel seems to be missing some channels from it's database, while radio reference shows that. How can I manually put the frequencies in the scanner itself?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am trying to program my sds100 with sentinel and sentinel seems to be missing some channels from it's database, while radio reference shows that. How can I manually put the frequencies in the scanner itself?

Have you updated the database in Sentinel lately?

Can you post a direct link to the frequencies/channels that you see in the Radio Reference database?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
In the profile, you must have all of the service types you want enabled.

Salvatorejrc said:

The OP seems to be asking about the database listings in Sentinel. The service types selected (or not selected) in a profile have no bearing on what is imported from the RR database to the master database in Sentinel.

Salvatorejrc

Have you updated the database in Sentinel lately?

Can you post a direct link to the frequencies/channels that you see in the Radio Reference database?

That was the problem thanks, I didn't realize that I had to update it manually

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
So I'm understanding correctly, Radioreference contains content that Sentinel doesn't? TIme to update the master DB in Sentinel!
1598023981199.png

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Done by building a Favorite List item from scratch. Looking thru the database in Sentinel I would find something close to what I wanted. Reverse engineering how the database item is structured into the new one using the new/your data. For me reading how its done is harder to figure out that looking at something that works, but needs different data.

P.S. Seems like a lot has happened while I was typing. 😊

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
correct. i had the same issue programming my 536. to keep things simple i checked all of the service types.

Correct for programming the scanner... yes. But the OP was asking about the data in the master database in Sentinel being imported from the RR database, which is not influenced at all by which service types are selected in a profile.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
Correct for programming the scanner... yes. But the OP was asking about the data in the master database in Sentinel being imported from the RR database, which is not influenced at all by which service types are selected in a profile.

correcting myself. the issue i experienced was in ARC536, not Sentinel. When downloading from RR in ARC536 I was not seeing frequencies or talk groups in certain service types but I was seeing the missing data in Sentinel. it took a few moments for me to realize that the missing service types in ARC536 were deselected. once i selected the unchecked service types ARC536 downloaded and showed everything. apologies.

pb_lonny

It is always best to know how to add frequencies / systems yourself, both via software and by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.