Sentinel Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I have all of them selected in my 436 and on the HP-1.

I do this in case I am out somewhere and need to program a new County in on the go. I would hate to need to pull over and fiddle with the service types just to try and hear something in a hot minute.

So, for me it is a No to the answer for your question.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I have all of them selected in my 436 and on the HP-1.

I do this in case I am out somewhere and need to program a new County in on the go. I would hate to need to pull over and fiddle with the service types just to try and hear something in a hot minute.

So, for me it is a No to the answer for your question.

Yes - if you don;t want to hear school buses, utility crews, ham, and many others that may or may not be of use.

If you want to hear everything - leave it on.

I assume you are scanning the entire DB.

FWIW - when mobile and out of a area where I have NOT created a FL. I scan the entire db, use a GPS and the only time I touch it is to lockout "crap".

Dafe1er

Yes - if you don;t want to hear school buses, utility crews, ham, and many others that may or may not be of use.

If you want to hear everything - leave it on.

I assume you are scanning the entire DB.

FWIW - when mobile and out of a area where I have NOT created a FL. I scan the entire db, use a GPS and the only time I touch it is to lockout "crap".

I very rarely listen to the school buses and the like. I mainly listen to Police/ Fire. I do however find it useful to leave these on all the time as like a few weeks ago there was a bomb threat called into a local school and heard some of the real time things going on. All I had to do was go in and select the use full database and find the school channels from there. Work really well......this was on the HP-1 since the 436 unit was not out yet.

Dafe1er

In my area, If I have them all on, I spend too much time hitting the lockout button for things no one would want to listen to.

This is due to monitoring the entire database.

I for the most part monitor things in my home area. I never monitor the full database due to the issues you listed. I only go to the full DB when something major is going on and I do not have certain channels programmed into a FL. this is why I leave all services types active.

Status
Not open for further replies.