Sentinel Software and 436HP and SDS100 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Just received my new BCD436HP scanner the other day and made a mistake with Sentinel software, I use one instance of Sentinel for both the SDS100 and The 436HP I wanted to send information to my SDS100 scanner and and did not have the target set to the SDS100 the target was set to the 4436hp, anyway as you know there is no button to lock you keypad for the sds100 scanner and I sent the profile for the 436hp to the sds100 and it locked the keypad on the sds100. In the top right hand corner of the screen there was a key showing the keyboard was locked could not do a thing with the sds100, but thankfully I did not brick it and just reset the scanner and deleted everything and sent the right info to the sds100. and it works perfect.:rolleyes:
Steve

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Using one instance of Sentinel is fine. Multiple Sentinel installs are a bad thing and cause more trouble than they solve. Just create a second profile, with the target model set correctly.

Ubbe

If you feel that it would be easier to have multiple sets of Sentinel installed, then when installing a second copy you have to change the default install folder from ....Uniden\BCDx36HP to something else like ....Uniden\SDS100 that you will be pronpted for when installing.

When the install are finished you go into Sentinels Tools/Options and check that it says the same with the SDS100 folder at the end.

Now you have different folders that have all settings isolated from each other, the database, favorite lists and all profile settings will use its own folder. The target model will always be set correctly and when you change a favorite list in 436, like removing or avoiding simulcast systems it will not interact with the favorite list for the SDS100.

Rename the start icon for the SDS100 Sentinel so you easily can see the difference and use the appropriate Sentinel version.

/Ubbe

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I think I'm getting the hang of it with just one instant of Sentinel software, I'll try it this way for now and see how it works

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Is there gonna be any more new firmware updates for 436 536 SDS100 and 200

As has always been the case..... Uniden are the only ones that know.... and they haven’t made any announcements.

And as always, any other answers from any source other than Uniden are nothing but speculation and rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.