sentinel software feature suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Had me an idea for a possible feature to add to the next version of Sentinel, see the thread, "436HP - Can`t lock onto P25 control channel" in the Uniden owner support forum for some of the thinkin` that led me to this for the skinny :). Anyway, what i`m suggesting is, add a tool to allow one to roll back the firmware on a `436HP or `536HP if a problem with an update is encountered. Ths could be done simply by having the tool read the SD card and copy the current (old) firmware to a file in the sentinel software before performing the update, that way if something kinda wicked happens (like what i mention in the above-referenced forum), one could easily reverse back to the older firmware, which is what i did with my older `396XT when i had a update that was buggy (same issue as with my `436HP, just with my `396XT scanner). Got to thinking on this after searching fruitlessly in the forums to find a way to easily revert back from version 1.03.00 (the updated firmware for the BCD436HP) and found nothing on the subject. Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts? Thanx! N9NRA

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
EDIT: Sorry, this was for other models. Sentinel works differently.

Got that, well, is there something in the sentinel software that`ll accomplish this? Unfortunately this has forced me to regelate my really nice `436HP to a closet untill further updating comes out to fix this. On a side note, i`m seriously thinking on doing a vidieo to document this (possible) bug in update 1.03.00, and if i`m allowed to, post it here for others to actually see what this is doing, might not mean much in the bigger picture, but at least i`ll be gettin` it out there so it`s not just someone posting about it, one will actually be able to watch and judge for him/herself, which will give some visual record of this. N9NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.