Sentinel Software / Moving & Copying Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b52hbuff

I am taking advantage of the quarantine to play around with my SDS100, but my question is applicable to any Sentinel based scanner.

I have been out sleuthing some radio systems in the Bay Area. So lets say that I have two trunked radio systems that I have setup as two different systems within the same favorites list. It looks like:
SystemA
Site 1
SystemB
Site 1

...after some monitoring, I determine that SystemA and SystemB are both the same company and they are a multi-site TRS. So the programming should be:
SystemA
Site 1
Site 2

I have been trying to find a way to move/cut-paste SystemB's Site 1 into SystemA. Is there a way to move all of the information (e.g. site frequencies, LCN, Color and Location information from SystemB Site 1 into a new Site 2 in SystemA? Or do I have to copy the information field by field?

Thanks!

u2brent

OAMPT
I have been trying to find a way to move/cut-paste SystemB's Site 1 into SystemA. Is there a way to move all of the information (e.g. site frequencies, LCN, Color and Location information from SystemB Site 1 into a new Site 2 in SystemA? Or do I have to copy the information field by field?

Thanks!

Since you have some time...
You can do such maneuvers by manually editing the hpd file with a text editor, But this is tricky and you gotta make a backup in case you bork it. :whistle:

RBMTS

B52 - you have the right idea. My question would be if both site 1 and site 2 carry the same identical radio traffic. If all comms are simulcast across both sites, you can use only 1 site/zone that is closest to you. However if the two sites operate independently then you can setup both sites and enter the TG's that would be checked on both sites. Let's say you are going to listen to an EMS service transport company. Their units might only be affiliated into the area covered by "Site 2". You would not hear them if you only monitored "Site 1" unless a unit moved into the area and affiliated with "Site 1". If you just setup both sites, then you'll hear them regardless.

Hopefully that makes sense.

b52hbuff

It is definitely a multi-site DMR T3 setup. I can see the same network ID and different Site IDs for the different sites. I can also tell that they have similar TGIDs. I haven't spent enough time monitoring to know whether all TGIDs are duplicated, but TGIDs like Security and Maintenance are the same and are carried on both sites.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I think you're looking to move Site-2 information into System A? Open up Site 2, highlight one of the frequencies, right click, select all, copy...

Open up System A, Find the tab marked sites. Add site...paste information, File...Save...Write to Scanner.

It might be beneficial to delete System B and only scan System A with 2 sites.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I think you're looking to move Site-2 information into System A? Open up Site 2, highlight one of the frequencies, right click, select all, copy...

Open up System A, Find the tab marked sites. Add site...paste information, File...Save...Write to Scanner.

It might be beneficial to delete System B and only scan System A with 2 sites.

This works very well and would by my suggestion, but be sure you also copy the location information (Lat/Long/Range) for Site 2 when you do this. A little cumbersome, but you only do it once. Not including Location stuff will give you problems if you use Location Control.

I wouldn't delete System B until you confirm all the copying, etc., is working. It can be avoided or turned off via Quick Key if set up, just to be on the very safe side.

Also, an earlier post suggested using a text editor to cut, copy and paste "stuff" in the HPD file. That is another option, but kind of risky if you are not familiar with how the HPD files are laid out. Make copies of everything so you can restore if needed.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Copy and paste of rows/columns in Sentinel works exactly the same as in Excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.