Sentinel software to program my 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark090153

When using the Sentinel Software to program my 536 when I hit write to scanner it says something like can not write to volume e. Does anyone know how to correct that

Thank you
Mark

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
When using the Sentinel Software to program my 536 when I hit write to scanner it says something like can not write to volume e. Does anyone know how to correct that

Thank you
Mark
When trying to update the scanner, are you using the programming cable, or pulling the memory card from the scanner and using a card reader?

If using the programming cable, when you connect the cable to the pc and then plug it into the scanner, are you seeing this message on the screen?

USB Cable detected
Choose USB mode

Mass Storage= "E"
Serial Port= "."

If you do not press the "E" (Enter) key, or wait more than 5-10 seconds, the scanner goes, by default, into Serial mode. While Serial can be used to provide access for logging with ProScan, you cannot write any updates to the scanner in that mode. those can only be done in Mass Storage mode.

Connect the cable to the pc and then the scanner (the scanner must be on). At the USB Cable detected prompt, press the "E" (enter key). You likely will hear a noise, sort of a 'thump', as the pc connects to the scanner. In Windows Explorer, you should see (under 'Computer'), a Removable Disk (E:). That is the card for the scanner. If you click on that to expand the contents, you would expect to see a folder icon labeled 'BCDx36HP'. If you see that, the pc is connected successfully to the scanner.

The scanner should be displaying USB Mass Storage. If not, you are not getting into the mode needed. Either a defective cable or USB port may be the problem.

If you have an external card reader, either one that takes the micro-SD card, or you have an adapter to to use the micro card in the full size SD card slot, you can update the scanner's card directly, then reinstall it back on it's slot. To connect via a card reader, turn the scanner off before removing the card from the scanner. With the card in it's reader, plugged into a USB slot, or the card and/or an adapter plugged directly into the PC (for those PC's that have a built-in card reader), you can "write to scanner" to load Favorites lists and database updates to the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.