BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Sentinel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffbryce1

Premium Subscriber
I would like to save different favorites lists for example, have all of Ohio set up on one favorites list and program that to my scanner but if we go to Michigan I could open up my "windows explorer" and click a little folder to open a different favorites list if I am going to be in Michigan and dont want to here Ohio. Is it possible to save a favorites list like you do a word document?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You can make as many FL's as you want. While each FL is stored as a file, the way to access them to view/edit is to just select them from the list in the left window pane.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
What you want to do is easily done and you won't have to get "fancy" with it by using different programs.

In Sentinel, just create your Ohio Favorites List and assign a Favorites List Quick Key to that (such as 1). Then create your Michigan Favorites List and assign a different Favorites List Quick Key to it (such as 2).

While in Ohio, turn on the Ohio FLQK and turn off the Michigan FLQK. When in Michigan, turn on the Michigan FLQK and turn off the Ohio FLQK.

xrorx

Premium Subscriber
I have a second question about Sentinel. You have the check box option to download and monitor a favorites list to your scanner. Why would you not monitor it especially if you have a quick key assigned? Bottom line, why have the monitor option?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You might want to have it in the scanner, but by default not be one of the FL's to monitor. You can access and change the monitor status of the FL in the scanner's menu. It is easier to use FLQKs to turn FLs on and off and just set all FL's to monitor, but you are limited to 100 FLQKs. Monitor status lets you leave seldom-used FL's turned off normally, but still have them be easily accessible and in the scanner without taking up a QK.

Soundman

Mine was working fine till I went to update it and now it say noting to scan .What did I do wrong . Thanks for the help .

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
These scanners are very robust and there are many ways of setting them up to achieve the desired result. Some folks may find one way works great and others may choose a different path of travel.

For me, I have a couple of different profiles. One is for my home scanner, the other is for my vehicle scanner.

On my home scanner profile I'll have certain Favorites Lists set to Monitor On and others for Monitor Off. For the vehicle scanner's profile, I'll change some of those "Monitor Off" to "Monitor On" (or vice-versa).

That's because at home, I'm too far away to hear those that are off. But in my vehicle while I'm out and about I can. Also there may be some things I'm interested in hearing while at home, but I may not be interested in hearing them while in my vehicle.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber

Soundman

Thanks ofd8001 I did that but I don't see my city I see the national and search but not my city.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.