Sentinel software

Status
Not open for further replies.

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
I bought a SDS200 and downloaded sentinel software to use with the scanner. My satellite internet connection and the sentinel software don’t get along at all. Sentinel keeps saying connection timed out. I updated the scanner at a friends house using their computer. All I have is a desktop. When I get home I try to sync the sentinel software to bring it up to date. The software doesn’t see that the scanner has updated. A guy emailed me the updated files and I copied the them to my computer in the sentinel folder to bring the software up to date so I can use the software to peogram the SDS200. Does uniden have a FTP site or anything similar to get the files that sentinel can’t deliver. I need a work around to the sentinel vs satellite issue. Anyone have any ideas other that manually slipstreaming the necessary files into sentinel.

Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I bought a SDS200 and downloaded sentinel software to use with the scanner. My satellite internet connection and the sentinel software don’t get along at all. Sentinel keeps saying connection timed out. I updated the scanner at a friends house using their computer. All I have is a desktop. When I get home I try to sync the sentinel software to bring it up to date. The software doesn’t see that the scanner has updated. A guy emailed me the updated files and I copied the them to my computer in the sentinel folder to bring the software up to date so I can use the software to peogram the SDS200. Does uniden have a FTP site or anything similar to get the files that sentinel can’t deliver. I need a work around to the sentinel vs satellite issue. Anyone have any ideas other that manually slipstreaming the necessary files into sentinel.

Thanks
The Uniden FTP site is where Sentinel is getting the updates from, some history here:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The scanner database is a subset of the full HPDB so using the scanner as a source will not work.
The Uniden FTP server credentials are not published so that's not an option. Some may know but it shouldn't be posted.

I think the best option is at your friends house, copy this folder to your desktop via a USB drive. It's about 95 10 MB.
C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel
C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Updater
It contains the compressed database file MasterHpdb_01_17_2021.gz

Last edited:

sfb88

If you are limited to satellite internet maybe look into SpaceX's Starlink beta. It might have lower latency.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Thanks

Looking at the area where you live, I'm surprised they even have electricity! ;) You're really out there!

I would think you could get a copy of the database from just about anyone, anywhere considering it's national. Have you tried using your phone as a WiFi Hot-Spot? Any other Wi-Fi open sites around you?

1611256717676.png

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
Looking at the area where you live, I'm surprised they even have electricity! ;) You're really out there!

I would think you could get a copy of the database from just about anyone, anywhere considering it's national. Have you tried using your phone as a WiFi Hot-Spot? Any other Wi-Fi open sites around you?

View attachment 97416
I’m out there a little bit. I’m so remote Fedex has to deliver my WiFi connection lol. My cell data is pretty weak in that area too. Look like my best option is updating at a friends house and coping the necessary files to a jump drive. Then copy to my computer for updating. It beats lugging the scanner and cables all over to update the DB. Thanks

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
When using the ARC software I have to turn off the Turbo setting to connect to the ARC servers. Doesn’t work with sentinel software. Oh yeh I have Hughes net. It sux on so many levels. The only other options are a 14.4 dial up connection that sux too.

BillC

Premium Subscriber
I’m out there a little bit. I’m so remote Fedex has to deliver my WiFi connection lol. My cell data is pretty weak in that area too. Look like my best option is updating at a friends house and coping the necessary files to a jump drive. Then copy to my computer for updating. It beats lugging the scanner and cables all over to update the DB. Thanks
Off topic but related....
My cell service sucked in my house 1-0 bars of 4g. I bought a booster with an outdoor antenna. 3 bars of LTE now. Expensive but well worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.