Sentinel State Level Favorites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindhunter77

Is there a way to import a whole state as a favorites list then just go through that FL and remove the stuff I don't want to hear? I will be traveling here soon and thought it would be nice to have a really nice clean list for each state I'm in.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to import a whole state as a favorites list then just go through that FL and remove the stuff I don't want to hear? I will be traveling here soon and thought it would be nice to have a really nice clean list for each state I'm in.

Yes, Theoretically.
In Sentinel, Go to the Entity in the Database section, Then, Right Click on the right side pane and "Select All".
You must do this from one of the three sub-categories under one of the counties in the state.
The Statewide category is the same no matter what county you choose..
Then with everything that's selected/highlighted, Right Click again and select "Append to Favorite List"
Keep in mind there is a 1MB size limit for FL's.
You can take it from there..

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
In Sentinel, you can multiple select line items just like in Excel, and export them to a FL. Naming FL with the state makes it easy to tell which "State Police" you're listening to as well.

mindhunter77

Yes, Theoretically.
In Sentinel, Go to the Entity in the Database section, Then, Right Click on the right side pane and "Select All".
You must do this from one of the three sub-categories under one of the counties in the state.
The Statewide category is the same no matter what county you choose..
Then with everything that's selected/highlighted, Right Click again and select "Append to Favorite List"
Keep in mind there is a 1MB size limit for FL's.
You can take it from there..
Awesome man thanks, going to try this now.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There is another way to accomplish this, but if you ain't really, really careful, you can make a big mess.

Look for a file on your computer called "HPDB.CFG" which is probably in your c:\programdata\uniden\BCDx36hp_sentinel\database folder. Open this file with a text editor.

You will see a list of states and the corresponding hpd file. For example, Kentucky is s_000021.hpd. Note the one for your state. Close without saving the cfg file. Then, copy and paste the corresponding hpd file into its own separate file folder. Again, be sure to not mess with the original files CFG and HPD. Also confirm your state's file doesn't exceed the 1MB limit.

You can then use a program like ARC 536 or Proscan (Arc seems easier) to open the COPIED hpd file.

This method, if executed correctly would save a lot of time importing.

But, be careful.

mindhunter77

There is another way to accomplish this, but if you ain't really, really careful, you can make a big mess.

Look for a file on your computer called "HPDB.CFG" which is probably in your c:\programdata\uniden\BCDx36hp_sentinel\database folder. Open this file with a text editor.

You will see a list of states and the corresponding hpd file. For example, Kentucky is s_000021.hpd. Note the one for your state. Close without saving the cfg file. Then, copy and paste the corresponding hpd file into its own separate file folder. Again, be sure to not mess with the original files CFG and HPD. Also confirm your state's file doesn't exceed the 1MB limit.

You can then use a program like ARC 536 or Proscan (Arc seems easier) to open the COPIED hpd file.

This method, if executed correctly would save a lot of time importing.

But, be careful.
Nice! I may play around with this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.