Sentinel to Freescan conventional converter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Write to scanner with Sentinel.

Read from scanner with Freescan.

Problem solved?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Write to scanner with Sentinel.

Read from scanner with Freescan.

Problem solved?

Freescan does not support the Bcd436hp. I have a nice set up in my 436 and would like to transfer some of that to my 2 br330t's that work with freescan. Trying to avoid a ton of copy and paste.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Probably not going to work, as the data structure is different for the x36 scanners (System/Department/Channel hierarchy).

You can copy/paste multiple rows in Sentinel's Favorite List editor.

I'd copy and paste a Department at a time to Excel, rearrange columns as necessary, then copy and paste into Freescan. Or save as CSV if Freescan can import CSV files.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Freescan does not support the Bcd436hp. I have a nice set up in my 436 and would like to transfer some of that to my 2 br330t's that work with freescan. Trying to avoid a ton of copy and paste.
Dave,

You can do that by using the EZ-Grab function in FreeSCAN. Just highlight a line for your conventional frequencies, or talkgroup information, copy to the windows clipboard (<CTRL>+<C>), then access EZ-Grab in FreeSCAN to tell it which fields to use. Once you've done that, paste the line(s) into FreeSCAN. I did that to move some Phase II systems from my x36HP scanners to FreeSCAN for my 325P2. You can do multiple lines lines at one time.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I believe it is disallowed due to avoiding "stealing" RR data .

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I believe it is disallowed due to avoiding "stealing" RR data .

What exactly do you believe is disallowed?

I am a premium subscriber so that covers any data I wish to download. I also own a Bcd436hp and there is no subscription needed with that scanner.

In any event, how can one steal data when it's online for anyone either with or without a paid subscription to copy and paste into any software of their choosing?

phask

Premium Subscriber
What exactly do you believe is disallowed?

I am a premium subscriber so that covers any data I wish to download. I also own a Bcd436hp and there is no subscription needed with that scanner.

In any event, how can one steal data when it's online for anyone either with or without a paid subscription to copy and paste into any software of their choosing?

OK - Jon Doe has a HP , no subscription and a 996. He downloads via Sentinel, then uploads via whatever. He is not copy and pasting.

UPman has explained it before - but short answer is that's why. Uniden (and Whistler as well) pay RR for the rights, you pay with your sub as well. John Doe - gets a free ride.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Either way, I have a paid subscription, and a 436/Sentinel that is allowed to download data, I don't feel I would be stealing anything.

In any event, I will try the ez grab after my little guy comes off the bus. If it will do multiple lines, as others mentioned, then it should not be that much copy paste.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.