Sentinel Uniden Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutchdisk

Seem to have a problem accessing the Uniden Server this morning. I get an error message "Updating full database failed. Operation is canceled. The remote server returned an error: (530) Not logged in". I had no problem yesterday 7/28/2014. But this morning on an attempt to check for updates on 7/29/2014, 0800hrs, couldn't get on. Just wondering if the Uniden server is temporally down for service. My internet connection is working fine. Anyone else ran into this error message ?

JamesO

Same think, updated my x36HP database late last night without issue.

Just tried to update my HomePatrol Sentinel Master Database and I am receiving errors.

Something is wrong on Uniden's end again, I am using the same computer, no issues with my Internet.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I successfully downloaded the updated database last night (around 8PM EST) through Sentinel. It would seem something broke overnight,

mrkelso

I successfully downloaded the updated database last night (around 8PM EST) through Sentinel. It would seem something broke overnight,

The cleaning lady probably pulled the plug on the server to plug in her vacuum :)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Migrating to new service provider, the IP address changed. It takes a while for DNS servers to all get the new address, but it should start working for you some time this morning.

JamesO

The cleaning lady probably pulled the plug on the server to plug in her vacuum :)

You laugh, I have seen this exact situaiton or where the vacuum was plugged into the same circuit as critical comms and tripped the breaker.

The absolute best one was where the 4 story office foyer outlets were on the same circuit breaker as the buildings critical telco circuits from the local Bell provider. There was a 24 hour Ops Center in the building, the painters had an electric man lift they plugged into the foyer outlet to change light bulbs and/or paint, the cord was damaged, tripped the breaker. Comms ran off the Bell provider battery bank for a few hours until 3 am when all outside connections, telco and data connections died. Ops Center staff did not have a key for the main Telco closet or separate electrical closet where the breaker panel was. Somehow the local Bell provider had access to the phone closet and luckily he was driving a bucket truck with a generator.

He fired up the generator and ran an extension cord into power all the telco gear and get the Ops Center back online until the building maintenance guy was kicked out of bed and had to drive an hour to the facility!

As far a cleaning and vacuum, the last few Ops Centers I had input into when building had central vacs installed. Quick, quieter and on its own dedicated circuit not tied into critical power.

I have seen it all at one point or another, the good, bad and the ugly.

Anyway, hopefully in the future someone can update folks of planned works and outages as a matter of courtesy?

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Anyway, hopefully in the future someone can update folks of planned works and outages as a matter of courtesy?

We would hope so, as well. We found out when the service stopped working.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It results in my muttering to myself: "Well, that's not how I intended to spend my morning."

Hrmmmph.

garys

Premium Subscriber
You laugh, I have seen this exact situaiton or where the vacuum was plugged into the same circuit as critical comms and tripped the breaker.

I know of a case where housekeeping staff in a hospital unplugged a ventilator to use the floor buffing machine. The estate of the patient was not amused and a large law suit followed.

clutchdisk

It is now working. Came close to f-disk-partition-formatting my drive. Real close to doing a tune-up on my router and modem with a 20lb sledge ! Glad someone else used a sledge at the other end. Just finished up dating the data for bcd 436hp ! Good deal.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
It results in my muttering to myself: "Well, that's not how I intended to spend my morning."

Hrmmmph.

He planned on spending his morning announcing the Siren app and analyze feature for the x36HP-series radios...I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.