Sentinel, Unsorted TGIDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Good morning!

Is there anyway I can view a list of unsorted TGIDs that I have programmed into a TRS in Sentinel? For example, in the database, for members, you can download a PDF for excel spreadsheet with the TGIDs sorted by number and not by category.

Thanks for the help.

hightime

If you want to sort Channels in Sentinel. Click the yellow star and select the Favorites list that the channels are stored in. In the left column should be the Favorites List name and all the systems. Stay in the left column and select the + sign of the system that the channels you want to sort are in. You should have all the Departments listed in the left column. Select the Department the the channels are in. The screen to the right should now show you the list of channels you want to sort. Slide over to the big green plus sign and keep going to the A/Z with a down arrow and click. The sort box should now be showing. Go to the channel name box and click the down arrow and select how you want to sort. Then Ascend or Descent and then OK. You should now be sorted. Good luck

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Good morning!

Is there anyway I can view a list of unsorted TGIDs that I have programmed into a TRS in Sentinel? For example, in the database, for members, you can download a PDF for excel spreadsheet with the TGIDs sorted by number and not by category.

Thanks for the help.
I'm not sure if the attachment helps or addresses your question. Keys 2 and 3 can be blank and key 1 has a drop down pick list. Click on the A/Z down arrow above the Channel Name will get the Sort pane popup.

sort.png

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
If you want to sort Channels in Sentinel. Click the yellow star and select the Favorites list that the channels are stored in. In the left column should be the Favorites List name and all the systems. Stay in the left column and select the + sign of the system that the channels you want to sort are in. You should have all the Departments listed in the left column. Select the Department the the channels are in. The screen to the right should now show you the list of channels you want to sort. Slide over to the big green plus sign and keep going to the A/Z with a down arrow and click. The sort box should now be showing. Go to the channel name box and click the down arrow and select how you want to sort. Then Ascend or Descent and then OK. You should now be sorted. Good luck
Thank you for replying. If I read what you wrote correctly, that only lets me sort the TGIDs within specific departments. I was looking for a "master sheet" within the Sentinel program that would let me look at an entire TGID database within the system rather than sorted within the specific departments. Any idea about that?

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if the attachment helps or addresses your question. Keys 2 and 3 can be blank and key 1 has a drop down pick list. Click on the A/Z down arrow above the Channel Name will get the Sort pane popup.

View attachment 84944

Thank you for replying. If I read what you wrote correctly, that only lets me sort the TGIDs within specific departments. I was looking for a "master sheet" within the Sentinel program that would let me look at an entire TGID database within the system rather than sorted within the specific departments. Any idea about that?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Anytime you see the sort icon you can sort at that level of the tree in Sentinel. In my example moving up one level in the tree to FtWorth RRS (Site3) I can sort the entries at that level. While Fort Worth Reginal Radio System is huge, sorting will only sort at the level you are at. Sorting across all the TGIDs will only be done at the level they are setup as channels. Do you have a specific example? That would make your question clearer.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
So I have a TRS sorted into 41 separate departments, I’ll use Dept A, Dept B, and Dept C. I know I can sort the TGIDs by various parameters within the departments. Is there anyway to view the individual TGIDs throughout the entire system in a single list of data?

For example, if I wanted to look at every TGID within depts A B and C in a single page?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Not from Sentinel... I don't do much copy and paste from Sentinel, but maybe you can C & P into less constrictive application like a word processor or spreadsheet.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Not from Sentinel... I don't do much copy and paste from Sentinel, but maybe you can C & P into less constrictive application like a word processor or spreadsheet.

I’ve been using excel, just wanted to see if there was a more streamlined process. Thank for the reply!

hightime

Sentinel is a good program to start with. I now only use it to update and change the profile. Currently I use Proscan. That does have cost, but it will sort the whole shooting match, and for me easier to change and add things to the program. There is a 30 day free trial. There is freescan but it does not do DMR or NXDN.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel is a good program to start with. I now only use it to update and change the profile. Currently I use Proscan. That does have cost, but it will sort the whole shooting match, and for me easier to change and add things to the program. There is a 30 day free trial. There is freescan but it does not do DMR or NXDN.

I have ProScan as well but I’ve never used it much. Maybe it’s time to explore it a bit more if you’re saying it has more sorting options.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you are looking at the whole system, then downloading from RR as a CSV file is your best bet.

Sentinel does the Department "thing" as a way of sub-grouping the TGIDs. If you brought them all together just to sort by number, then you'd lose that grouping.

Sentinel isn't what you would call a "Robust" program. Rather, it is a basic program designed to get the scanner up and running. Uniden is a hardware manufacturer and not a software developer.

tvengr

Well Known Member
In the favorites list editor, you can arrange the order of talkgroups in a department. Just highlight the talkgroup or group of talkgroups you want to move and use the green up and down arrows at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.