Sentinel update database problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Ive got a both sentinel versions, for my HP2 and SDS100, cant update either database at home, i click update, it pops up the status bar for about five seconds then pops up an error box with X that says update failed,operation canceled, timed out. This just started recently and does it on both versions. Have no problems anything else internet related. Took my Surface Pro 7 to town with me, connected to another WiFi, and it downloaded just fine, any ideas? Never had this issue before. Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a problem with your ISP rather than with the software. If you can take your laptop and connect, via wifi, at a different locatoin, that would probably rule out a firewall issue on your PC.

HughesNet is one ISP that users have trouble getting to cooperate with Sentinel. Others have had problems with certain modems used by other providers. Who is your ISP?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ive got a both sentinel versions, for my HP2 and SDS100, cant update either database at home, i click update, it pops up the status bar for about five seconds then pops up an error box with X that says update failed,operation canceled, timed out. This just started recently and does it on both versions. Have no problems anything else internet related. Took my Surface Pro 7 to town with me, connected to another WiFi, and it downloaded just fine, any ideas? Never had this issue before. Thanks.

Have you changed your service provider recently? The Sentinel updates use FTP transfer rather than HTTP and can be much more susceptible to network latency.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I have ATT Fixed wireless, which uses an outside antenna mounted on roof pointed to cell tower, and a Ethernet cable ran from that to ATT router/gateway inside. Speeds are anywhere from 30 to 50’s mbps. Ping usually ranges from 66 to 103.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have ATT Fixed wireless, which uses an outside antenna mounted on roof pointed to cell tower, and a Ethernet cable ran from that to ATT router/gateway inside. Speeds are anywhere from 30 to 50’s mbps. Ping usually ranges from 66 to 103.

You may want to call your ISP and see if they have made any changes to your service lately.

The Sentinel updates come from ftp.homepatrol.com

Try pinging that address from your home (let us know your results), and then try it at the location where Sentinel works for you. You'll probably see enough of a difference to cause the issue. Definitely an issue with the provider's service.

Status
Not open for further replies.