Sentinel update error

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanster305

Using a brand new PC running Windows 10 Home. Installed Sentinel no problem. When trying to run DB or Firmware update, this error appears:

Updating unit failed. Operation is canceled. The remote server returned an error: 227 Entering Passive Mode (69,15,51,147,8,213).

Here is a screen grab:

My understanding is that this is some kind of FTP permissions error. What I can't figure out is why it works on some computers and not others.

On this computer, I've tried: Uninstalling / reinstalling, allowing app through Firewall, disabling Firewall altogether, running Sentinel as Administrator, all of the above using 3 different internet connections.

Sentinel runs just fine on a PC at work even with Firewall enabled, and updates with no issue.

Stumped. If anyone has encountered this and has a solution or has any ideas how to solve this, please reply. Thank you.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Have you been able to use your ISP before with FTP?

Some ISPs do not like FTP, like some of the satellite ISPs.

scanster305

Yes, I tried this with three different Internet connections. I have been able to do it from other machines on the same connection in the past. It has something to do with the settings in this Windows 10 machine, but I can’t figure it out.

Hit_Factor

It's a firewall problem. Tell your firewall it's ok for Sentinel to use FTP.

Win10 home edition has nuetered networking protocols. So you might have to solve home edition and FTP as well.

scanster305

It's a firewall problem. Tell your firewall it's ok for Sentinel to use FTP.

Win10 home edition has nuetered networking protocols. So you might have to solve home edition and FTP as well.

I've enabled Sentinel in Windows Firewall but that did not solve the issue, even after a full restart.

Hit_Factor

What happens when you put this into the address bar of your browser?

ftp://ftp.uniden.com if you get a login prompt FTP is working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.