HP-1: Sentinel/Updating HP1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyRick

Good afternoon, all...

I've run into a new problem with my HP1 and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...I'm reasonably sure it's user error.

When I try to update the database on my HP1, it keeps telling me to install Sentinel on my computer. It's already installed. On a whim, I uninstalled (and did a proper uninstall, not just a delete) and re-installed, but the same thing is happening. I try to update, and I keep getting prompted to install sentinel on my Toshiba Laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Rick N9GSU

marksmith

Usually that happens when you have an old version. Did you check to make sure what you reinstalled is the latest version?

I am using version 2.03, revision 2.

I think it came out when they put out the hp2 as I use the same program for both hp1 and hp2. When was the last time you updated the database? Has it been a year or so?

I also use Sentinel for the x36 radios, and it has updated a bunch of times because of the upgrades etc to those radios. When they put out a new version, what you describe happens to cause you to go download and install the latest software.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

Last edited:

IndyRick

Hi, Mark, thank you for your reply!

I just checked...it IS an old version. 1.01 rev 03. I just deleted and re-installed...but it's the same version.

I KNOW I'm missing something simple, but how in the heck do I get the latest version? I keep looking but can't figure it out.

Again, thanks!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

IndyRick

OK, folks. :) I've updated to the latest version of Sentinel. Updated the firmware in my HP1, updated teh database. When I disconnect the USB it STILL goes into "setup" mode...wanting me to install sentinel on the computer, enter my name and all the other info. Any thoughts?

marksmith

What goes into setup, the PC or the radio. I am confused. Sounds like you were able to update the radio and database. Did you update the files to the radio?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.